hungry at 1280 calories. what should i do?

Options
when i made my account last week, it says if i wanna lose .5 lbs i need to eat 1280. I`'ve been going over and eating 1500-1700 and i feel guilty about going over but im also hungry! what should i do? i am 5'0 and 123

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    You can try the TDEE method instead: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Maybe see if that gives you a different calorie goal.
  • Corail93
    Options
    Your hunger is your body's reaction to fat tissue loss.
    Humans are built to save up fat in times of scarcity. When your body starts losing fat, it sends you a relentless message to search for food, and eat plenty.
    many times, in nature, periods of short scarcity were followed by very long periods of scarcity.
    This explains why we eat EVEN MORE than we would have if/when we break our fat loss diet.
    In short, every time you are hungry, know your body is burning fat.
    Keep it safe though, nobody likes a piece of cardboard as a chick.

Consider eating something with extreme low calorie intake, as well as rich in fibre.
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Eat more.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Try upping your calories a bit more...maybe by 200 more calories a day. That helped me a lot. I'm losing a fantastic amount of weight on 1500 cal a day.
  • jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If you exercise, you can eat all / most of those calories back!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Humans are built to save up fat in times of scarcity. When your body starts losing fat, it sends you a relentless message to search for food, and eat plenty.
    many times, in nature, periods of short scarcity were followed by very long periods of scarcity.
    This explains why we eat EVEN MORE than we would have if/when we break our fat loss diet.

Consider eating something with extreme low calorie intake, as well as rich in fibre.
    1346839458-auto-dafuq-dafuq-did-i-just-read-200165.jpeg
  • jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Also, it may be what you're eating and when. Some things make you feel fuller than others. Do some research on here or other sites for foods that make you feel fuller. Get more fiber; that'll usually work. Please make your diary public so we can see what you are eating.
  • Corail93
    Options

1346839458-auto-dafuq-dafuq-did-i-just-read-200165.jpeg

hehe... I might have given too much details...
  • kelsanderson78
    kelsanderson78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Eat more.

This^
  • marlagentry77
    Options
    Add complex carbs - they keep you satisfied longer
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    If you eat more fats and protein and less carbs, you'll feel fuller longer because of they way the body breaks down the different types of energy. Try eating eggs, lean meats, avocados, nuts and nut butters to help feel fuller on less calories. I personally eat around 1300 cals a day, and never really get hungry, whereas when I ate a lot of processed foods and carbs, I was always hungry.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Are you eating exercise cals back?

ETA: Also, how much weight are you trying to lose?
  • mylife4eva
    Options
    ty everyone for the replies. i dont have a goal weight, i just want a flatter stomach but i know i need to lower my bf%
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    ty everyone for the replies. i dont have a goal weight, i just want a flatter stomach but i know i need to lower my bf%

So are you eating your exercise calories back?

Are you doing any strength/weight training? That's what you're going to want to do if you are looking at body recomping.

Maybe try eating at maintenance for 2-3 months while focusing on this or eat at a slight deficit.
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Same here... then I started eating my exercise calories back which helped. But the thing that helped the most is eating more protein... Greek yogurt and plain veggies, and going to bed when I've ran out of calories (like tonight..)
  • mylife4eva
    Options

Are you doing any strength/weight training? That's what you're going to want to do if you are looking at body recomping.

Maybe try eating at maintenance for 2-3 months while focusing on this or eat at a slight deficit.

as embarrassing as it is for me to admit, i haven't started any exercise regimen yet :frown: i know i need to def start at least strength training, cause as for cardio i do walks
  • PikaKnight
    Options

as embarrassing as it is for me to admit, i haven't started any exercise regimen yet :frown: i know i need to def start at least strength training, cause as for cardio i do walks

Do you have access to gym or barbells? Or were you thinking of starting off with body weight exercises and then onto dumbbells or/and barbells when you're able to buy/get access to equipment?
  • mylife4eva
    Options
    i cant afford a gym membership yet, nor equipment so i guess ill be doing body weight. are they still effective though for what im aiming for?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    i cant afford a gym membership yet, nor equipment so i guess ill be doing body weight. are they still effective though for what im aiming for?

Starting off - absolutely. :)

Check out You Are Own Gym, NerdFitness, or Convict Conditioning - these are really good books on bodyweight exercises/routines.

Bodybuilding.com has a really great exercise database that you can search based on equipment (or lack thereof).

Other options: (in the future when you have funds)

TRX Suspension (home edition). I believe it is about $200.

Using sandbags

There is a Cap Barbell Dumbbell set (w/ plates) on Amazon for about $50. It is about 30-35lbs to start. You can purchase heavier plates as funds become available.
    http://www.amazon.com/Cap-Barbell-40-Pound-Dumbbell-Set/dp/B000VCDXNS/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386018141&sr=8-1&keywords=cap+barbell+dumbbell+set

Check out craigslist and Ebay for benches, plates, weights, etc.

Get an Iron Gym Bar. It's about $30 on Amazon and can be used for chin-ups, pull-ups, hanging leg raises and such.
    http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Gym-Total-Upper-Workout/dp/B001EJMS6K/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386018197&sr=8-1&keywords=iron+gym+pull+up+bar

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/850719-strength-training-the-basics

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/902569-barbell-routines-when-you-only-have-dumbbells

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/852401-proper-form-and-technique-sources
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

Get 1 of those resistance bands things. I hear they are good, if you use them properly. And, I don't know what you are eating, but maybe eat more chicken, veg/salads?