Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Done calories but still hungry..Tips?

I have finished my calories for the day but I am still hungry. Do you have tips to help me plan better for tomorrow? Thanks!

Replies

• neonflowers
    neonflowers Posts: 20 Member
    Are you hungry or bored? If you are truly hungry then eat. Also try eating more protein and drinking more water.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Opening your diary will help so we can critique what you're eating.
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    If I am truly hungry I eat carrots and hummus at the end of my day. Otherwise I would say eat more protein throughout your day and add more bulky but low calorie foods like veggies to your meals.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Go for a run or at least a brisk walk for about 30 min. Depending on your current weight, you could earn yourself 100-200 extra calories.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    drink a glass of water...
  • UseItForFuel
    UseItForFuel Posts: 29 Member
    When this happens to me, I tend to drink black coffee or plain tea. The warmth helps me feel full. Exercising and chewing gum helps some people, too.

If you're truly hungry, don't' deprive yourself. Eat something healthy like an apple or some veggies. If I'm hungry and I don't eat, I tend to snack/over eat on unhealthy food that I regret far more than just eating fruit or veg.
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 521 Member
    For me, preparation is everything. I tend to get hungry suddenly, then I want to eat within fifteen minutes!

I try to fit as many high-volume, low-calorie veggies into my meals as possible; i.e. I will steam up a bunch of cauliflower, then chop it up and put it under my rice in a meal, or mix it into spaghetti sauces, soups, whatever to "bulk up" my food for fewer calories. Every few days, I cook up a bunch of veggies and pop them into the fridge, so all I have to do is grab what I want and zap it in the microwave, easy peasy.

I also make sure to put plenty of protein into each meal to stave off hunger. On the weekends, I cook up several pieces of chicken and freeze them in 400 gram portions, then just pull out what I need when mealtimes come. I also routinely boil up about 8 eggs and keep them in the fridge, ready to eat for a high protein snack.

Fibre is great, too, and I try to make sure every meal has some. I keep fibre bars around (Oats and Chocolate Fiber One Bars are my favourite), but I also cook up black beans with seasonings and parcel them out in 100 gram portions (in ziptop baggies) in the freezer. Again, a quick grab and go addition to a meal.

Low-calorie soups like veggie soups, pumpkin or squash soups (without cream), chicken broth with vegetables... all of them help me to feel full for longer. I often start a meal with a soup. I make mine in bulk (sometimes in the Crock Pot) and then freeze individual servings.

I never used to be a tea drinker, but sometimes when I think I'm "hungry", I can drink a hot cup of tea with no-sugar sweetener, and my "hunger" goes away. Hot tea is your friend!

Lots of folks find it is helpful to log their day's calories before the day begins to "portion" out their meals for the day. Unfortunately, I am a bit too "spur of the moment" in what I want to eat, so that doesn't work for me. I do, however, try to keep each meal at a set number of calories.

And yeah... I'm not beyond working out for twenty to thirty minutes to 'earn' a few more calories if I really want to eat more. (Or eating them, then working out even if later in the day)

Looking forward to how others keep themselves satiated whilst restricting calories!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Are you hungry or bored? If you are truly hungry then eat. Also try eating more protein and drinking more water.

I agree. Also, try to add whole seeds to your diet, they take awhile to digest. I read your other forum post that you like sweets, I don't know if they still sell them but there used to be a candy bar made of semi-hard caramel but was mostly sesame seeds. Keep some sugar free sweets on hand, I like Werther's Original and Life Savers fruit flavors (8 calories per piece). If you have a soft spot for chocolate, Diet (not sugar free) Swiss Miss (25 cals) kicks my chocolate craving. A fudge bar (45 cals) also helps. Baby carrots are good for a mindless, endless healthy sweet snack.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    I agree with the tips above. Also what is ur calorie intake and the kinds of food u eat. I eat anywhere between 1700-1900 calories a day. I eat mostly pretty well and workout anywhere from 40 minutes to 90 minutes a day depends on the day. I lose 1 to 1 1/2 lbs a week. I have learned since June that I can eat well and still lose weight. This time is different over other times I've tried to lose weight because I don't deprive myself of foods I like I'm just mindful of how much I can have. I don't and never really eat processed food I never liked it so that's not an issue. When I want to eat something I ask myself if I am really hungry or if I just want to eat for the sake of eating. Logging has made me conscious of this. If all else fails drink a glass of water wait about 15 minutes and if ur still hungry eat something healthy
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Sometimes I read a good book until I am tired enough to fall asleep.
  • sassymanatee
    sassymanatee Posts: 102 Member
    Drink water and keep yourself busy to keep your mind off the hunger pains.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    For me, preparation is everything. I tend to get hungry suddenly, then I want to eat within fifteen minutes!

I try to fit as many high-volume, low-calorie veggies into my meals as possible; i.e. I will steam up a bunch of cauliflower, then chop it up and put it under my rice in a meal, or mix it into spaghetti sauces, soups, whatever to "bulk up" my food for fewer calories. Every few days, I cook up a bunch of veggies and pop them into the fridge, so all I have to do is grab what I want and zap it in the microwave, easy peasy.

I also make sure to put plenty of protein into each meal to stave off hunger. On the weekends, I cook up several pieces of chicken and freeze them in 400 gram portions, then just pull out what I need when mealtimes come. I also routinely boil up about 8 eggs and keep them in the fridge, ready to eat for a high protein snack.

Fibre is great, too, and I try to make sure every meal has some. I keep fibre bars around (Oats and Chocolate Fiber One Bars are my favourite), but I also cook up black beans with seasonings and parcel them out in 100 gram portions (in ziptop baggies) in the freezer. Again, a quick grab and go addition to a meal.

Low-calorie soups like veggie soups, pumpkin or squash soups (without cream), chicken broth with vegetables... all of them help me to feel full for longer. I often start a meal with a soup. I make mine in bulk (sometimes in the Crock Pot) and then freeze individual servings.

I never used to be a tea drinker, but sometimes when I think I'm "hungry", I can drink a hot cup of tea with no-sugar sweetener, and my "hunger" goes away. Hot tea is your friend!

Lots of folks find it is helpful to log their day's calories before the day begins to "portion" out their meals for the day. Unfortunately, I am a bit too "spur of the moment" in what I want to eat, so that doesn't work for me. I do, however, try to keep each meal at a set number of calories.

And yeah... I'm not beyond working out for twenty to thirty minutes to 'earn' a few more calories if I really want to eat more. (Or eating them, then working out even if later in the day)

Looking forward to how others keep themselves satiated whilst restricting calories!

You eat just like I do. I also little containers of steamed broccoli, pre-cooked rice, grilled chicken cut into bite sized pieces and a whole host of other things ready to either eat raw or pop in the microwave for a few seconds. It's important to always have something easily available when you really are hungry but want to stay on your plan.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    I would eat something 100-200 calories that has protein and fiber, e.g. apple & peanut butter, or carrots & greek yogurt dip. My modus operandi is that its better to be a bit over your target (and remember, its a target, not a hard line in the sand) calories and feel good about myself than to starve myself and be miserable just to hit a number.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Eat enough to fuel your body.