How to add more fat to my diet

Options
I never meet my fat ratio... I try to eat almonds, almond butter, cook with oil when I can, I eat lean meat. I don't like avocados. What can I eat to have some good fats?

i dont like butter

Replies

• Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I never meet my fat ratio... I try to eat almonds, almond butter, cook with oil when I can, I eat lean meat. I don't like avocados. What can I eat to have some good fats?
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Fatty fish (salmon), dairy, macadamia nuts, and cashews.
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Options
    organic butter, eggs, organic free range chicken, all kinds of nuts, coconut oil (neutral) plain yogurt, etc.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Coconuts.
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Options
    fish too but be careful of mercury!!
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    If you switched out all of your low fat dairy for full fat and maybe added some butter to your vegetables on occasion you shouldn't have any problem reaching your goal -- that it's healthful and tastes great is a plus too!

Should You Be Eating High-Fat Dairy?
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dairy-fat-healthy-paleo-primal/
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil, butter, salmon...all delicious.

And ditch the low fat foods.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Milk, eggs, butter, beef
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Low fat milk.
    Extra lean meat.
    Fat free yogurt.
    Tiny portions of high-fat foods like nuts and cheese (24 calories of cheese? 7 almonds?)
    Egg whites without yolks.

If you want to get more fat in your diet, quit eating all these foods where the fat has all been removed.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Whole milk, a porterhouse steak, whole milk yogurt, large portions of nuts and cheese, whole eggs.
  • Nissi51
    Nissi51 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    How much fat are you trying t consume?

Fish oil is a great addition
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    How much fat are you trying t consume?

Fish oil is a great addition

Fish oil is fine, but it shouldn't be used as a way to supplement fat intake. People shouldn't be taking more than 2-3 grams of it a day.
  • lbvermillion
    lbvermillion Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Getting fat in you is easy, just do it. Here are some examples:

heavy cream hot chocolate
    melt 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder in 1/4 cup of boiling water, add chocolate water to 1 cup of heated heavy cream and stir well. (optional add ins) your favorite sweetener, vanilla extract, coconut oil, MCT oil, GF butter, whiskey, crushed mint leaves, cinnamon...

spread pepperoni slices out on a plate, grate some cheese over it and broil it or microwave it till the cheese is all bubbly 45-75 seconds in the microwave, longer under the broiler. If you get it just right the cheese will get crispy as it cools.

Home made whip cream,
    unsweetened or with fake sugar. Experiment with added flavors. Hint, it does not need to be sweet, garlic?

Cream of mushroom soup.
    Saute 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms in butter and some herbs, I like thyme and rosemary or sage and marjoram, till tender, add 1/2 cup of stock or broth and 1 cup of heavy cream and bring to a boil (careful it is real easy to boil over at this point). Turn down heat and simmer for about 15 minutes stirring often. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with a crispy slice of bacon or some pork rinds. This is for one serving, easy to double or triple this.

EDIT: LOL, ignore this, these things are not compatible with your diet. You could have a little cream in a cup of tea or coffee at Starbucks a couple of times to get the fat you need for your macros.
  • Staticx1010
    Options
    Whole milk/whole milk yogurt, eggs with the yolk, cold water fish like salmon, and my favorite chunky peanut butter. I would avoid the fats in steaks and ground beef, and keep cooking with olive or canola oil, and stay away from imitation butters. Not all fats will benefit you if you're looking to get more.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Whole milk/whole milk yogurt, eggs with the yolk, cold water fish like salmon, and my favorite chunky peanut butter. I would avoid the fats in steaks and ground beef, and keep cooking with olive or canola oil, and stay away from imitation butters. Not all fats will benefit you if you're looking to get more.

I would argue that canola oil falls into the category of "not all fats will benefit you".
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Low fat milk.
    Extra lean meat.
    Fat free yogurt.
    Tiny portions of high-fat foods like nuts and cheese (24 calories of cheese? 7 almonds?)
    Egg whites without yolks.

If you want to get more fat in your diet, quit eating all these foods where the fat has all been removed.

I don't really like high fat meats, I don't like egg yolk (taste wise) I don't like full fat dairy (the taste is icky to me)

BUT I will try to have bigger portions of almonds (did it already today)