starting today

Options
Hi, this is my first day in here but i started exercising since a week and trying hard to stick to it . Been gaining a lot of weight since 2 months and thinking to get back to normal. I aim at losing 20lbs in total. Looking forward to this forum

Replies

• kcb0308
    kcb0308 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. Be patient in waiting for your results. With only 20lbs to lose, it will be slower progress. Set your MFP goal at .5-1.00lb per week in loss and track you calorie intake.
  • lakkazit
    Options
    Thanks and i will definitely do it. I think so:smile:
  • Drpsych101
    Options
    Hello, I was seriously considering lab band surgery in Mexico because I am so desperate to lose weight. I have been divorced for over two years now. When I found out about his affair my nerves and anxiety went into over drive and I lost 50 pounds, fast forward, then I meet a great new guy. I was lucky to have found love and unfortunately my appetite again. Sigh, I am back up to 205 pounds. I am so uncomfortable in my clothes and my body. I have a sedentary job as a psychologist and have terrible eating habits. I always have. Everything for me revolves around food. One good thing is I really do I enjoy working out and have been working out pretty consistently for the past 4 weeks, I have been averaging working out 3 times A week for about 45 minutes, preferring the elliptical. My weight has yoyo'd since I can remember, getting as low as 100 pounds (bulimia) and as high as 286 (pregnancy). When I was in college a dated a body builder at that time I didn't eat anything that had over 30 % of the calories in carbs, I even ordered my pizza with no cheese (yuck). I am probably like most of people who know the right things to eat, but don't. I am really excited about the food calorie estimator, I have been seriously underestimating my daily caloric intake. Well I am really excited about getting to read and get to know others who are going about losing weight the healthy way, lord knows I have considered all of the so called easy methods: lap band, Roca Labs "stomach sludge", oxy lite, ect.. But this time I am going to try the old fashioned way eating right and exercising. I hope I can make some friend along the way and gain the emotional support I need to stick to the plan and "do what is right" for a healthy body. My goal is to lose 50 pounds by September 2014!
  • Monika1103
    Options
    Hello! This is my first day here. My goal is to lose 50 pounds and get back in shape.