exhaustion = binge eating?

hisgirlie2007
hisgirlie2007 Posts: 24
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
I didn't sleep well last night, at all...we all have those nights. How do you avoid binge eating when you're so tired you lack will power to tell yourself no?

Replies

• Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Just go for something high in Protein ..tuna and a few rye crisp crackers
  • Just go for something high in Protein ..tuna and a few rye crisp crackers

I aggree!!!! High protein for sure!!! Fills you up. Try some eggs. It always works for me. I'll even have "breakfast dinners" a lot if I feel really hungry in the evenings. Try a low carb day. Carbs only make you hungrier because of how it effects your insulin supply. Also brush your teeth, and chew sugar free gum.
  • chew gum in between meals- this helps me! drink a lot of water too or unsweet Tea ( decafinated )
  • meave
    meave Posts: 3
    force yourself out of the chair and just go for a short walk...the fresh air will help and it will take u a way from the press and fridge....dont push yourself on your walk just enjoy the space.....and then if u really want to binge u wont feel so bad cause you have done a little....and the fresh air may help with rest tonight.......i know how hard it is to motivate yourself believe me but its that first step hope it helps
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Are you getting your water? Dehydration can make you feel very lazy and tired, and being thirsty often manifests itself as a feeling of hunger.
  • thank you everyone. I've done pretty well today, i had a reese's fastbreak, which is high protein at least :) the bright side. I've had more than my share of energy drinks and coffee today, but I haven't eaten a ton, so I'm doing okay. Gum has been the life saver of the list, though I should probably drink some water to even out the caffeine.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    http://graemethomasonline.com/skipping-sleep-a-quick-route-to-getting-fat/

Even a small amount of sleep deprivation has been shown to mess with our hunger cues. The above link goes to an article that discusses this.

So, yes, exhaustion can equal binges. Never underestimate the value of sleep. Lack of sleep will make willpower much more difficult.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    thank you everyone. I've done pretty well today, i had a reese's fastbreak, which is high protein at least :) the bright side. I've had more than my share of energy drinks and coffee today, but I haven't eaten a ton, so I'm doing okay. Gum has been the life saver of the list, though I should probably drink some water to even out the caffeine.

You're eating candy bars and drinking mass amounts of sugary energy drinks and coffee, and you're wondering why your body is an exhausted roller coaster of hunger?

Srsly?

wow.

Does the bright side have a weight limit?
This discussion has been closed.