crossfit training? body building?

Options
Hi every one just wanted some opinion about crossfit n body building I would one day like to train as hard as this people they motivate me does anyone know how long it takes to build up with NO PILLS JUST DOING EVERY THING RIGHT? HAS ANY ONE HAVE TIPs or expirience on how to start building how much weights to start out with OH WITH OUT BLAKING OUT :| THNKS FOR URE TIME N OPINIONS ♡♥♡♥

Replies

• esme8709
    Options
    By blaking out I mean like I saw on youtube this guy lifting and he fell on his face and a girl lift da same nothing hapened
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    What are you talking about?
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Tip 1: use English. Or maybe I'm just old.

Tip 2: Crossfit =/= bodybuilding. Crossfit is (to my knowledge) a functional strength training program; bodybuilding is about sculpting your body to a certain aesthetic. So, decide what it is you specifically want. Another option is a barbell strength training like Starting Strength or Stronglifts, which is neither Crossfit nor bodybuilding. What are YOUR goals?

Tip 3: eat right and train hard.
  • esme8709
    Options

Tip 2: Crossfit =/= bodybuilding. Crossfit is (to my knowledge) a functional strength training program; bodybuilding is about sculpting your body to a certain aesthetic. So, decide what it is you specifically want. Another option is a barbell strength training like Starting Strength or Stronglifts, which is neither Crossfit nor bodybuilding. What are YOUR goals?

Tip 3: eat right and train hard.

Thnks for da 411 :D
  • esme8709
    Options

#Body builders, weights, training ect.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    If you're going to go the crossfit route it's probably a good idea to get proper coaching on the Olympic lifts performed in their workouts.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    If you want to become sculpted, like a body builder, it will take you one-to-two hours in the gym, working very hard, four days to five days a week, for at least a few years.
    A Crossfit program would likely get you in very good shape and make you stronger, but, by itself, will not make you look like a body builder.
  • ReligiousFitness
    ReligiousFitness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cross fit training and bodybuilding are both amazing options! Ive done both and currently do some of both. If you are a complete beginner on the lifting part, i would recommend using machines over free weights to get started. This way you lay down a foundation of muscles and can concentrate on actually using the right muscles not having to worry about the complication of free weights. Also, if your trying to trim down some, i would say if you can go to or afford a crossfit gym, they have amazing trainers that will really motivate you and show you the proper way to do each lift. If the crossfit gym isnt reasonable for you, training in a circuit style of different lifts with little rest will help with getting the heart rate more elevated while still training muscles. Also, interval in quick runs/sprints into your routines, this really helps support increases in metabolism and weight loss.
    It always benefits to always ask someone either a friend or stranger at the gym for help. People are really more willing to help yhan you would think.
    Good luck with everything and if you have any questions, i'm pretty knowledgeable on fitness and nutrition.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts.

What?!?!:huh:

That's broscience.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options

We're just old :laugh:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Squats and deadlifts.

What?!?!:huh:

That's broscience.

Maybe the guy that passed out was pregnant?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring all of your food?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i suggest that you pick up the book "new rules of lifting for women" and start there.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

We're just old :laugh:

No you're not.
    I'm younger than the OP and I agree with this first quote.

#Body builders, weights, training ect.

Hashtags? This isn't twitter (thankfully!)

Someone suggested New Rules of Lighting for Women.
    It's a good book to read but the program is overly complicated.
    I suggest you read it anyway.

Check out Stronglifts 5x5 and Starting Strength as well.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Hint for posting in the forum: Punctuation is your friend. Also, this site has built in spell check - use it!

I started with body weight exercises (NerdFitness.com) and then progressed to Stronglifts 5X5. Good luck.
  • ReligiousFitness
    ReligiousFitness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First off guys, she just has a question... You don't need to be ripping her a new one because of spelling and grammar. That help her out with her weight loss and strength gains a lot... NOT! Either answer her question or just don't reply in the first place.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    First off guys, she just has a question... You don't need to be ripping her a new one because of spelling and grammar. That help her out with her weight loss and strength gains a lot... NOT! Either answer her question or just don't reply in the first place.

Dude - calm down. The OP was barely readable.