Not a plateau after all!

Options
Guinivere
Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
NSV today, got measured by my personal trainer and have lost 3.6% body fat in 8 weeks. Lean tissue up and fat down but no change on the scales!

I was feeling quite demoralised thinking 8 weeks is a long plateau but am now thrilled its because I'm lifting weights and putting lean tissue on and the fat is melting away at the same rate!

Soooooo pleased!

Replies

• kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    thats awesome great job!!! xD
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Wonderful !
  • craziwrld
    craziwrld Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your inches loss! I had a similar occurrence, though mine was only 3 weeks, but it still makes you feel crappy when you don't see those numbers go down. So I measured myself and found I had lost a ton of inches all over my body, 3in on my butt alone, and thankfully pretty uniformly. I worry one thing we shrink and the other will stay huge lol.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    What an AWESOME surprise!
    Keep up the good work!

Best wishes!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I need to take some measurements...I can't get the scale to budge, but I know my body is changing with strength training! Maybe I won't feel so frustrated!
  • misemise
    misemise Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good to hear this!

My scale isn't budging either! It is frustrating as it is the easiest way to track change... Hope for me too it is a case of muscle building/fat dissolving. Have just started lifting 2 weeks ago so my routine is all a bit new still
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!