Pilates/yoga at home?

Options
Can anyone suggest some good home pilates and yoga workouts? I can't make it to as many classes at my gym as I would ideally like with my current schedule. Any length of time is fine as I like varying them depending on how much time I have.

I'm getting a bit bored of the ones I currently do and am looking to switch it up. Thanks!

Replies

• AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    YouTube.
    There's a lot of channels that have pilates or yoga based workouts on there, constantly.

Blogilates is a great one.
  • warmvanillasugar1
    warmvanillasugar1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The Tone it up girls on Youtube have some good at home workouts. Blogilates as well.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I will second You Tube but there is also an awesome free app called Sworkit that has random workouts including yoga, stretching, cardio warm up and full intensity and strength exercises and it allows you to pick how long you want your workout to last. My friends and I use it and it's an awesome workout. 30 minutes of the full intensity cardio burns about 400 cals for me (I wear a HRM to get calories burned.)
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Bumping for future reference.

I take a yogalates class, but would definetly like to do more at home too!
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    There's an app called daily yoga that I like.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I use My Yoga Online.. it's a monthly subscription but there are so many yoga, pilates, and meditation videos to choose from. I can't live without it! :) I use it every day!
  • snejkaxo
    snejkaxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I tried many DVD instructors, and my favorite is Rodney Yee. Every routine of his is perfect. You can find his DVDs on Amazon. Youtube has them as well. Just look through different titles, see what area you want to target. I have Power Yoga, Yoga Burn, Yoga Abs, Flexibility, and Strength, and all of these are kick *kitten*. Challenging and not boring!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Yogadownload.com

Tons of free videos and $90 a year to unlock all videos
  • Beckers72
    Beckers72 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my favorites are from: http://www.doyogawithme.com/yoga_classes . They also have a youtube channel so I can stream it on my Wii to my T.V.

I own Yogaworks Beginners & bodyslim which are my go to favorites. Also a big fan of Sara Ivanhoe's Yoga on the Edge series.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    when I can't go to class I hook my ipad up to the tv and stream youtube videos. I tend to do Baptiste Yoga so I search for those.
  • dakadare
    Options
    Have a look at yogastretches.net for some really good downloadable classes.
  • rickthomson58
    Options
    Several friends of mine have been very pleased with a yoga program that "reshapes" your body. They seem to be getting results and really enjoy it. You can find it through www.topyogaprogram.com.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I've just been poking around YouTube looking for free online pilates I can do at home and came across finetunepilates - http://www.youtube.com/user/finetunepilates/videos - which is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm going to give it a go regardless but is always good to hear other people's thoughts.
  • bowbeforethoraxis
    bowbeforethoraxis Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I tried many DVD instructors, and my favorite is Rodney Yee. Every routine of his is perfect. You can find his DVDs on Amazon. Youtube has them as well. Just look through different titles, see what area you want to target. I have Power Yoga, Yoga Burn, Yoga Abs, Flexibility, and Strength, and all of these are kick *kitten*. Challenging and not boring!

I love Rodney Yee!
    I just signed up for GaiamTV, where you can stream all the Gaiam videos. Tons of Rodney Yee videos, some Jillian Michaels stuff (I haven't looked at it closely because she's too intense for me), yogakids videos, and just tons of yoga and pilates and workout stuff. You can browse through it and sort things based on instructor if you like (or time, or what area you want to target). There are also some programs that talk about nutrition, and then some documentaries and the like.

I also really liked Bob Harper's yoga videos. I have his yoga for weight loss dvd, my bff has his yoga for warriors dvd. I think hers is harder, she thinks mine is, so it's pretty subjective. The Yoga for Weight Loss dvd shows a lot of modifications though, which I love. When I was just starting to get into yoga it was really helpful to be able to see what I should do (rather than just resting until the next pose), when I felt like I couldn't get into some of the poses.
  • bowbeforethoraxis
    bowbeforethoraxis Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Also, if you can check out some classes, even just once a week or sporadically whenever you can fit it in, I highly recommend that. I loved yoga, but didn't start feeling the mental benefits until I started going to a yoga class.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I used to live for Winsor Pilates a few years back. They are still my favourite pilates dvds.

All the dvd's are available on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=winsor+pilates
  • YogaFitnessGuru
    Options
    Practicing Yoga comes with a lot of mental and physical benefits which include safe weight loss. You can also visit about Yoga Fitness Guru http://yogafitnessguru.com/
  • olalola1981
    olalola1981 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump to look at later
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump