Improved my run!!!

Options
I posted on here a couple weeks ago about my run time and I would like to say I ran another half mile again ( only my 4th time) and the first time I ran a half mile in 7:14 and today I ran it in 5:05 I felt so good and I didnt feel like I was dying lol I hope to keep improving it and hoping one day to run 1 mile straight!! :)

Replies

• GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Well done that's a big improvement, almost 10 min/mile pace.

Did you feel ok after the 1/2 mile, if so try walking for a couple of minutes then run some more. Doesn't have to be another 1/2 mile just run slowly for a minute or 2 and see how you feel.

I am no expert but started with a C25K program a few months ago but have now progressed to a half marathon training program.

Have a look at a C25K program, there are many out there and there are even apps for the phone which will tell you when to walk/run
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Keep up the good work and before you know it you will be ready for a 5K.
  • tubaman58
    Options
    Just keep doing it! Good job
  • uberdilettante
    uberdilettante Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, ArmyWife! I second GenoPrice's suggestion for C25K.

I just completed the program yesterday and can't believe that over the course of a couple of months that I can now run for 30 minutes straight after starting out at *barely* being able to run in 1:30 increments. There are many apps and podcasts out there, but I chose the Chubby Jones Couch to 5K podcasts and they helped tremendously. I can't recommend the podcasts and the program as a whole enough.

Congrats and keep up the good work!