TurboJam vs. TurboFire

Options
dk82
dk82 Posts: 142 Member
I am thinking about ordering one of these two but I'm not sure which one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I just saw a thing on Youtube by Chalean where she talks about the difference.. basically, it comes down to your fitness level. If you are sort of new to working out (beginner/intermediate) then TurboJam is likely better for you. TurboFire is TurboJam pumped up and higher intensity.
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I 100% agree with Sharon. I personally have not done TurboJam, but I hear it is a great program. Right now I am in the middle of TurboFire and am loving it. Do what you feel is best for your fitness level and I am sure you will do great with whatever you decide. :bigsmile:
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with this as well. I've done both and Turbo Jam is definitely geared more towards beginners/intermediate...although don't mistake that as a sign that this is an easy workout! TJ is high energy cardio kickboxing focused but Chalene does include strength training, stretching, and ab work. Turbo Fire is based on combining high intensity intervals, which are 1 minute long blasts of all out cardio effort, with intense cardio (kickboxing, calisthenics). She includes strength training, stretching, and ab work here as well.

Both programs are 12 weeks long and then you can buy advanced workouts to continue your progress. Hope that helps! If I can answer any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

Sharon
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I had never done any workout dvd's before and I decided I wanted to up my game. I was just using the elliptical, running and eating right and kept coming at a standstill in my weight loss. I ordered TurboFire and am on my 3rd week.. I am in love with it! Yes it's hard, but it's so fun you don't even notice. The music is awesome and really gets me pumped up. I've already actually seen results, I have pics on my profile as well if you would like to check 'em out! My husband laughs at me because I tell him I always feel like Super women after I complete a workout!!!

I've heard great things about both, but I'm defiantly happy I decided to purchase Turbo Fire.

Stick with whatever you feel your body can handle, but I don't consider myself extremely fit. I was worried the program would be too much for me after watching videos on it, but I can do it!
  • Ninjakitty1
    Options
    I would definitely get TurboFire unless you are very out of shape and overweight! All ages and all levels can do it at different levels, plus when you are finished your first round, there is a hybrid to do it with Chalene Extreme! I am doing Brazil Butt Lift, which has done amazing things for me, but after I finish this round, I'm going to do another round of TurboFire. Get the deluxe kit if you can. By combining it with Shakeology, I was able to go down from a size 6 to less than a 4 in a matter of weeks and am still keeping it off....metabolism is on fire!!! Look for me on facebook (Gale McGuigan)!!
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have both. And had better success with TurboJam. I love them both, don't get me wrong, but for some reason, I got more excited to do Turbo Jam. The weighted gloves are awesome and really sculpted my arms. I was also able to keep going through the whole workout. Turbo Fire is a super high intensity workout. There are little to know breaks, the moves are high intensity, you are jumping and twisting. As someone who has done Insanity and P90X, Turbo Fire was the hardest. If you have knee or back problems, I would lean toward Turbo Jam. Get the starting kit with the gloves, and if you like it order the more workouts to have some variety. I will say the HIIT workouts in Turbo Fire are awesome. I use them in my P90X hybrid.

Good luck. You will love your new workout no matter which you choose!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Turbo Jam and enjoy it (it seems pretty basic). My friend mentioned Turbo Fire and said that he would try to get it for me. I'll keep you posted.
  • nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    telcochik::::You mentioned that Turbo Jam is a 12 week program, is there a schedule? I got my dvd off of craigslist. It was a 2 disc set with Learn and burn, 20 min workout, turbo sculpt, ab jam and cardio party. I have done the dance party and 20 min workout a few times. So far I really like them. Any help with a chedule would be great!
    Thanks!!
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    telcochik::::You mentioned that Turbo Jam is a 12 week program, is there a schedule? I got my dvd off of craigslist. It was a 2 disc set with Learn and burn, 20 min workout, turbo sculpt, ab jam and cardio party. I have done the dance party and 20 min workout a few times. So far I really like them. Any help with a chedule would be great!
    Thanks!!

Me too...I got mine off ebay and only got the dvd's. It didn't come with a schedule so I had no idea it was a 12 wk program. Any help would be great!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I have both. And had better success with TurboJam. I love them both, don't get me wrong, but for some reason, I got more excited to do Turbo Jam. The weighted gloves are awesome and really sculpted my arms. I was also able to keep going through the whole workout. Turbo Fire is a super high intensity workout. There are little to know breaks, the moves are high intensity, you are jumping and twisting. As someone who has done Insanity and P90X, Turbo Fire was the hardest. If you have knee or back problems, I would lean toward Turbo Jam. Get the starting kit with the gloves, and if you like it order the more workouts to have some variety. I will say the HIIT workouts in Turbo Fire are awesome. I use them in my P90X hybrid.

Good luck. You will love your new workout no matter which you choose!

Thanks for this tip. I've been doing TJ for 4 years and love it. It definitely tones your upper body, I just went for a fitness assessment the other day at a gym and did 55 consecutive pushups, average in-shape women do 40-60 so I was psyched. I don't feel the need to invest in Turbo Fire since TJ has so many videos and since I'm in shape I just keep pushing myself with the same videos.

I bought Chalene Extreme a year ago (only because I bought it new for $25 - ridiculously cheap I know!) but I really can't get into it because it is such a low calorie burn plus the resistance bands aren’t enough resistance and I don't think it’s worth investing in another $50 or so in weights.

Good to know TJ is still loved, thanks!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Let me see if I can find the schedule to post here. If not, PM me your email and I'll copy the schedule I have at home for you.
  • jmmtaylor
    Options
    the suggested order for beginner is:
    Week 1:
    M - Learn & Burn
    T- Learn & Burn
    W- 20 Min Workout
    T- 20 Min Workout
    Fri- Rest
    Sa- Rest
    Sun- Rest
    (Do Lean and Burn and the 15 min workout that follows as you want extra during week 1)

Week 2:
    M- 20 Min Workout
    T- 20 Min Workout & Ab Jam
    W- Cardio Party
    T - 20 min & Ab Jam
    F- 20 Min
    Sa- & Sun Rest

Week 3:
    M - 20 Min & Ab Jam
    T- Cardio Party
    W- Turbo Sculpt & Ab Jam
    T- Cardio Party
    F- 20 Min & Ab Jam
    Sat & Sun- Rest

Week 4:
    M - Cardio Party
    T- Turbo Sculpt & Ab Jam
    W- 20 Min
    T- Cardio Party
    F- Turbo Sculpt & Ab Jam

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080730145345AAs3Paa
  • nowic
    nowic Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    thank you!!
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    Week 1:
    M - Learn & Burn
    T- Learn & Burn
    W- 20 Min Workout
    T- 20 Min Workout
    Fri- Rest
    Sa- Rest
    Sun- Rest
    (Do Lean and Burn and the 15 min workout that follows as you want extra during week 1)

Week 2:
    M- 20 Min Workout
    W- Cardio Party
    T - 20 min & Ab Jam
    F- 20 Min
    Sa- & Sun Rest

Week 3:
    M - 20 Min & Ab Jam
    T- Cardio Party
    W- Turbo Sculpt & Ab Jam
    T- Cardio Party
    F- 20 Min & Ab Jam
    Sat & Sun- Rest

Week 4:
    M - Cardio Party
    T- Turbo Sculpt & Ab Jam
    W- 20 Min
    T- Cardio Party
    F- Turbo Sculpt & Ab Jam

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080730145345AAs3Paa

Thank you!
  • paravision
    Options
    Week 1:
    M - Learn & Burn
    T- Learn & Burn
    W- 20 Min Workout
    T- 20 Min Workout
    Fri- Rest
    Sa- Rest
    Sun- Rest

Week 2:
    M- 20 Min Workout
    W- Cardio Party
    T - 20 min & Ab Jam
    F- 20 Min
    Sa- & Sun Rest

Week 3:
    M - 20 Min & Ab Jam
    T- Cardio Party
    W- Turbo Sculpt & Ab Jam
    T- Cardio Party