Who bakes?

Options
And by baking I mean pastries! Or.. any. Haha! I usually bake cookies and I just found out the best recipe ever and I'm sticking with it! I just baked brownies for the first time and I didn't know you had to REALLY cool it first before doing anything with it so... yeah. Made me ate some when it was supposed to be for selling!

Replies

• BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Me! Cakes, biscuits, cookies. My husband gets some baking at least once a fortnight. But now that it's December I'll be doing Christmas baking every weekend!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I love to bake, cookies, bread, cakes, pastries etc. Homemade fresh bread is the best, I make it at least 2-3 times a week. Today is fudge and bread I think if I get moving.
  • mmargarette
    mmargarette Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Me! Cakes, biscuits, cookies. My husband gets some baking at least once a fortnight. But now that it's December I'll be doing Christmas baking every weekend!

I'll be baking cookies once/twice every week and I'm planning on baking cupcakes/muffins for the holidays :)

Any tips for baking, guys?
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I adore every form of baking.

This time of year is the absolute best for baking. I do make pies, candies, cookies, cakes...all things baking :)
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    Yup, all the time. It's definitely problematic in terms of weight loss, because drunk me loves to bake, and has the capacity to eat an entire pan or batch of whatever. Fortunately, sober me is much better about that, or about giving baked goods away.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I'm glad you added the comma or I would have been concerned that guy recipes would start showing up. :noway:
  • Mady1911
    Mady1911 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I bake something every other day for the family...I rarely actually eat, mostly I taste if I can't bare the smell...today I made wholemeal bread because I forgot to buy from the shop...last evening was french pancakes, the day before marble sponge!
    Usually I bake when my daughter's in school and when she comes back she tries to guess from the door what it is! I'm a big fan of anything with cocoa, brownie with custard(my favourite ever but since I haven't found an actuall recipe that's under 350 cal/100g serving, I'm making it quite seldom now) , and creme anglaise cakes and lemon tarts...and so on! Somebody stop meeee!!!
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I love to bake, but only because I LOVE to decorate cookies, cakes, cupcakes - you name it! Here are a few of my recent creations:

2lktb2v.jpg

2emn1qt.jpg

mbo2n8.jpg

20tmsfm.jpg

14a9z6w.jpg

I never used to eat them - just pawned them off on my co-workers. But recently I found a great vegan recipe that tastes SO GOOD and they look just as adorable. Hooray!
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    ^ Sorry those pics turned out so huge!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I bake all the time!
    My specialty seems to be cheesecake which is ironic because I don't like it!
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options

Use butter not margarine. Always

Oh and if you're baking a cake, weigh the eggs in their shells and then add the same weight of butter, sugar and flour. Comes out perfect!
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i bake

almost daily

some for sale, some for soul

i am not a sweets person but i LOVE to bake so thats a great combination...

i have so much in plan for december, i think i wont have enough time :(
  • AliceRoseHooperAC
    Options

THE BEST PART OF CHRISTMAS.:drinker:
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options

Oh and if you're baking a cake, weigh the eggs in their shells and then add the same weight of butter, sugar and flour. Comes out perfect!

yes!!! margerine = plastics, no need for that in my kitchen.

and never use eggs right put of the fridge.

plus if you want to get the fluffiness, allways beat the egg whites seperately, and add them at the end, using a ''8''move so you get as much air in it as possible :)
  • AliceRoseHooperAC
    Options
    I love to bake, but only because I LOVE to decorate cookies, cakes, cupcakes - you name it! Here are a few of my recent creations:

incredible
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love to bake! Its not just the end product, but its methodical and helps me relax. Something about focusing on a recipe and concentrating on decorating that helps me reduce stress. Cupcakes, cookies, cakes, turnovers, are my favorite things to make. Thankfully I bring in most of the creations to work since I work with mostly women who love sweets. That or I make things I don't like so I'm not tempted to eat it!
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options

What a great tip! Thanks for sharing.
    Ruth
  • kjdunn68
    kjdunn68 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This may sound strange coming from a guy but I bake. My wife and kids look forward to what I make each time. I made two rum cakes and a sweet potato cassarole for Thanksgiving. I am looking at my next project for Christmas.
  • ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love to bake - cookies, cakes, pies (with homemade crust), cupcakes, bread, dinner rolls -- you name it! I usually end up making a batch of cookies for the cookie jar at least once a week - the other goodies I make less often because I don't really eat them and it's just me and my hubby at home now. He's diabetic so he can't eat all of it either. I try not to be "that" woman who is always bringing stuff in to work, so I just bake every once in awhile. However, just last night I sat down to plot out my Christmas baking. I want to make a big selection of cookies and candies and things for Christmas presents and a goodie day at work. If I make one thing every night (skipping a few nights where I won't be at home much) I can get it all done in time! Woo hoo!
    Ruth
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I do!!