Fitbit Zip -> Force

Options
Hi all,

I'm a Fitbit Zip user and have been a pretty happy one since June 2013. I originally wanted to buy the Flex but didn't like that it didn't have a display. Now that the Force is here, I'm tempted to switch over.

Can anyone give me some pros/cons on the Force? Is it uncomfortable for someone who is typing at a keyboard the entire day? Is it cumbersome or awkward when wearing to sleep?

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Force but the Flex was too bulky for me, but mainly from a looks standpoint. I had hoped I could hide it under or among bracelets but it was too big. I tried to wear it turned in but then it was in the way for typing. I do think if I wanted to, I could've gotten used to the feel of it within a week or less. But not the looks, not for work where I prefer to look professional. The Force is bigger. I didn't miss a full display. The five lights on the Flex was plenty of info for me. I didn't like how in one day of wear the little window on it showed obvious scratches but no one else ever has that complaint so maybe mine was softer there than most.
  • mcblevins
    mcblevins Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't think the Force is out yet. I ordered it and was told it was shipping out on December 2, 2013.

I myself have never used a wrist band tracker, but will definitely update when I receive it.

Also, I did the deal through living social where you got $50 for $25 at Brookstone, used that to buy they Force, and then another coupon I found online to take another $25 off, so the total was $80-something.
  • vivianleemit
    Options
    Anyone got theirs yet?
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have the Force and I am in love with it. I personally wanted the watch with it. It is very easy to use. It does show everything like the fitbit One. If your obsessed with numbers like I am, it is worth it.

For your other questions:no it is not uncomfortable, it is actually quite comfy and it is not bothersome to wear during sleep.
  • BAMarsh
    BAMarsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a flex - got it in the mail the day they decided to reveal the force. But I went ahead and kept it for one reason - Force only states that it's sweat proof. Flex is waterproof.