major binge last night

Options
I am talking nearly 3000 calories. don't know why. can't dwell on it. feel like crap. today is a new day.

Replies

• sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Today IS indeed a new day. Don't even think about yesterday. Start again and plan a better day today. Thinking of you x
  • EndeavoringMama
    EndeavoringMama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Didn't go as far as 3000 but, def. went over. Last night was a rough one for me too. It happens. Today, I'm drinking enough water and making sure I get out there with my runtastic app to walk it off. *hug* Don't beat yourself up.
  • kcb0308
    kcb0308 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Well at least you realize that what you did by overeating was not as enjoyable as you thought it'd be. So now you know when the next time comes around, and hopefully you'll make the right decision. Each day is a fresh start. And it's ok to treat yourself once in a while, but moderation is key to a lifestyle change.
  • EvilTracy
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up... start over today.

It's just a bump in the road... the journey is long, and the way isn't paved.

And those are my words of wisdom for today !! :wink:
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up because we all have bad days. All you can do is start again and get back on track. :)
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am a binger. No, I WAS a binger. 4000 cal a day? yep. I binged when ate too much carbs/sugar. It's physiological for me. When I put the sugar/carbs on down low, the urge to binge goes away. I mean by that that when I stick to veggies and fruits for carbs, it works wonders. Maybe it's something like this for your too? It's worth looking into it.
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    Hey, it happens to the best of us. Drink a ton of water today and maybe plug in an extra 15 minutes on the treadmill? The most important part is that you are continuing in spite of your binge. :)
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    It does happen to the best of us! Chalk it up to an emotional and/or physical need that you had and move on! Our perception of ourselves and our binges changes as we move on. I considered myself on a binge last night (but only about 500 cals worth.) because I really felt HUNGRY and I waited, drank water, brushed my teeth and was STILL HUNGRY, so I ate. I DID try to choose wisely: 1 ounce of nuts, 1 string cheese and 100 grams of green seedless grapes. Satisfied, and I woke up feeling revived AND down 1.8 pounds. Binge or my body telling me something? It's going to happen, roll with it, and try to see the benefit in a binge.:flowerforyou:
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Only the BEST of us will be honest about it and move through it. You can't undo it so you CAN do it. That's why MFP is here.