Fast food restaurants

Options
Please share your favorite fast food ideas. With the shopping season upon us, I don't have time to go somewhere where I know I can get low calorie food.

Replies

• tbranch3634
    Options
    Subway is always good. But if you can't get to one, you should eat off the kids menu. These have half the calories of those value meals that are like three portions of food.
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My favorite is McDonald's Southwest salad with GRILLED chicken. I squeeze the lime into it and add the tiniest! amount of the Southwest dressing, maybe a teaspoon. Shake that baby up and you have a super yummy salad.

Not quite fast food, but Panera also has TONS of healthy choices available. Those people know how to do right with a salad! Give me a you-pick-two with a seasonal salad and chicken soup and I am one happy monster!

Best of luck!
  • mcanals123
    Options
    wendys is my favorite they have the pick two which includes a half size salad and a side for $5 and the apple pecan salad is just great
  • foxylady8098
    Options
    Chick Fil A Salads. Tacos or burrito bowls from Qdoba or Chipotle (no sour cream and little or no cheese).
  • carrie145
    Options
    I recently went through my favorite fast food places websites and on a small notebook I wrote down the lowest calorie choices for each place. I keep it in my purse so I can look at it if I find my self in a position if I have to eat out. My favorite is the Fresco menu at Taco bell, the chicken or steak soft taco.
  • lupuslady
    Options
    I stopped eating red meat, so I go to McD's for a side salad, and 4 peice box of nuggets. Then I put the nuggets on the salad. it is less than 200 calories without the drsg. Also another favorite is the yogurt. I love it.
  • HazelDiva1913
    HazelDiva1913 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just discovered the wendy's half salad combo...its fabooooossssh
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I love it.

Ba da ba da ba......

I couldn't resist ;)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Teriyaki Experience (formerly Teriyaki Japan) has brown rice option and you can opt out of the Asian cooking sauce (and use just water) to save 60 more calories. It’s actually a HUGE serving you could even share if you really want to cut down on calories. When I poured my order out onto a plate I noticed just how big it is so don’t let fast-foot restaurant dishes/containers mislead you on portion control.

508 calories 3.1 g fat 100% white meat – that’s without sauce and white rice so its even better nutritionally with brown and a ½ serving is well, ½ the calories and fat!

http://www.teriyakiexperience.com/nutritionalfacts.htm

PS, this meal is also $5.99 cheaper than ALL of the combos at McDonalds including the chicken salads. Yay!
  • jlocke121
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks for the info.
  • razorbecky
    Options
    bump
  • knipper01
    Options
    Not sure about the USA but in Canada in most food courts they have places called the pita pit, they are very good and the napkins actually have the breakdown of the various pitas as far as calories, carbs, fat etc. The philly is really good as is the mexican grill one. They come in 6" and 9" for those that like it bigger
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Here's what I get at different fast food restaurants. I'm not much a salad eater, so if I have to, I'll just eat smaller portions of things I actually like. :)

Subway: 6 in club with baked lays
    McDonald's: Cheeseburger happy meal with apple slices instead of fries
    Burger King: Grilled chicken sandwich with apple slices instead of fries
    Chick-Fi-La: 8 or 12 piece chicken nuggets with fruit cup
    Taco Bell: 2 (or sometimes even 3) soft chicken fresco tacos
    Moe's: Triple Lindy Jr. with black beans instead of tortilla chips and queso
    Wendy's: Grilled chicken sandwich with small chili

I think the only other popular fast food restaurants I haven't eaten at is Checkers, Hardees, or Arby's. I'm think those might be harder to do. :\ Hmmm.
  • pauline1221
    pauline1221 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Be careful with Panera. Some of their salads are actually 2 servings.