1 year... 19 kgs gone with pictures

Options
If you really want to change, you have to begin now. NOT tomorrow morning and not next week, because every little thing that you put in your mouth and every minute of exercise counts. All my life I have been fat. My parents knew about it but did nothing. I always felt awkward in my own skin. I felt like being a different person. I was picked on. I couldn't run 150m without huffing and puffing.

I am an 18 year old teenager whose journey begun when my dad got really sick. He was diagnosed with diabetes. Seeing him in that condition was heartbreaking. I knew that I had to make a change. I slowly started eating healthier and I started exercising. My starting weight was 86kgs. Within 3 months I had lost 10kgs and i weighed 76kgs. During my fourth month I slipped up and gained back 2 kgs. By my fifth month I got back on track. I managed to lose another 9 kgs by the 11th month. I have currently reached a plateau and I feel like I am slipping up again.i am posting this to show myself how far I have come and that I can do it.

Me at 86 kg
4p0rjro_w300_h300.jpg

Me at 67kg
7ew9x1o_w300_h300.jpg

Replies

• sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Wow... good for you! Keep it up... I find that putting a before/after picture up somewhere I can see it everyday is very motivating (maybe the fridge!) Great job, you look awesome!
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Great job, you are looking great! Congratulations!
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    you look fab ! a big inspiration for us, thanks for sharing
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! You are very pretty as well! Kudos on trying to get a handle on things while you are still young. You can do the last bit for sure hon :smile:
  • Raeesa_777
    Options
    Thank you guys... if it wasn't for mfp I wudv never made it
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful...glowing and happy. I bet you're feeling so much better too. Thanks for posting your story.
  • Raeesa_777
    Options
    Yes, I feel lighter, fitter and much better
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome progress, great job!
    Don't let the plateau slow you down! Make changes in your diet a little or change up your exercise / workout routine these are things that can trick the body out of it being complacent with the way things are now. Plateaus can last a long time or short time, make sure to tough it out though, you may not be loosing lbs but you are likely still loosing inches.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - GREAT JOB!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!