New Girl Here!

Options
Hi! My name is Rachel, I guess I wanted to just post something on here because I'm looking for people to talk to through this whole fitness Journey. I'm 24 years old with about 50 pounds I would like to lose by my 25th birthday on June 27th. This is my millionth time attempting to lose weight. But I'm believing I can do it right this time. Any other newbies here?

Replies

• joshthomas77
    Options
    I am a newbie as well! Been using MFP for years to track my calories but just started using the forums. I recently lost 50lbs in a 6 month period so can appreciate the goal you've set for yourself! Best of luck with that! Let me know if you'd like an accountability buddy.

Josh
  • ganaranabanana
    ganaranabanana Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The forums are definitely a new area for me. I've always been too nervous to talk about my fitness goals and whatnot online. But after working my butt off to lose 50 pounds and then gaining 20 back. I would say I'm ready to try something different
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I'm not new but always willing to meet new friends.

You can do this. One day at a time. When you want to change more than you want to stay the same, then you will do it.

Do it for You, do it for your little guy, and your big guy. :)
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • you not only called it a journey.....you capitalised Journey...

i just can't get on board with that...

(eta) journey implies there is a beginning and an end. Once you start this, there is no stopping otherwise you gain it all back.
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 about a year ago. Had a health issue and gained 10 of that back but stayed on maintenance thereafter. I am starting seriously again as of yesterday to rid myself of my last 20. The board and friends can be a great help! Feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Not a newbie, but if you needs friends, you can add me.

Good Luck
  • ganaranabanana
    ganaranabanana Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I didn't even realize I capitalized journey lol, but what you are saying does make sense. This is something that I am going to have to stick with for the rest of my life. And that's scary when I think about it. I was to call this something though. I feel it needs a name. Maybe it can be and Epic Saga..
  • jaecobb86
    jaecobb86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been using the site for a year now and like you tried a million different ways to lose weight. This has been the only successful way! I wish you all the luck in the world. Add me and we can motivate each other
  • mjvasko1
    mjvasko1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm not new, but I'm just coming back. Good luck! You can do it if you put your mind to it.
  • travelerkiri
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!!

I just started today with MFP. I have tried over and over again to lose weight. It seems as I get older it is harder to lose he weight. Every couple years I lose a big amount of weight then over the years I gain it back again and I am determined this time around it will stay off. Not only for myself but for my family and plus I would LOVE to get back into my size 10 jeans (oh how I miss them so much). :) I know with all the help on this site and all the great people everyone will be able to accomplish their weight lose goals.

Best of luck!!!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    The forums are definitely a new area for me. I've always been too nervous to talk about my fitness goals and whatnot online. But after working my butt off to lose 50 pounds and then gaining 20 back. I would say I'm ready to try something different

the forums are great fun.
    keep in mind that the ratio of knowledge to derp oftentimes weighs heavily in derp's favour.
    there's a great search feature here that can get you started on learning without asking redundant questions (everyone wins!)

buddy up, be safe, and have fun!

tumblr_loatkqyami1qdhmifo1_500.gif
  • debbynoelle
    Options
    I worked very hard to lose 40 lbs and then I gained 20 back, I know how that feels. That is why I came back to myfitnesspal, it really does work to keep you motivated and help you stay on track. I would love to be someone you can talk to if you need encouragement or if you are having a bad day, in fact anyone can feel free to add me, I always love new friends (just try to leave a short message so I know you aren't a creeper lol). We can do this you guys, if we all stick together!
  • AZGilleyM
    AZGilleyM Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Not new and still struggling to lose weight but this site rocks and helps keep me honest.

Feel free to add me as a friend. We can motivate each other!
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

the forums are great fun.
    keep in mind that the ratio of knowledge to derp oftentimes weighs heavily in derp's favour.
    there's a great search feature here that can get you started on learning without asking redundant questions (everyone wins!)

buddy up, be safe, and have fun!

tumblr_loatkqyami1qdhmifo1_500.gif

Thanks, now this is stuck in my head.

OP, don't be afraid to lift heavy stuff, over and over again. And eat some bacon. It will make your soul smile.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    you not only called it a journey.....you capitalised Journey...

tumblr_mx26g6PqnC1rghjhdo1_400.gif
  • LePetitCochon
    Options
    I was expecting Zooey Deschanel... :angry:
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I was expecting Zooey Deschanel... :angry:

Ok good...I was not the only one!
  • runpenguinrun
    Options
    Hello! I am also 24 working to lose weight by my 25th birthday :) Granted, mine is next month... but still! Go us!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    you not only called it a journey.....you capitalised Journey...

tumblr_mx26g6PqnC1rghjhdo1_400.gif
    but I could get on board with THAT..... \m/