Mirena - Not Hungry

Options
Hi All-
I just got a Mirena IUD put in 1 week ago, and ever since then, I have had a noticeably decreased appetite. I was previously on Yasmin, so still a different kind of hormone. But ever since my IUD, I have noticed myself not eating as much, and food not sounding as appetizing.
Everything I have read online says that most people find that their appetite is INCREASED when they get the Mirena IUD. Has anyone heard of a decrease in appetite? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Definitely the opposite of what most people say! I would give it a few weeks and see if your appetite evens out. Or if you're really concerned, call your OB.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I've had the Mirena for about 3 months now and I had the opposite. I felt like a ravenous monster for the first, I want to say month? Maybe your hunger will bounce back after a few weeks. :flowerforyou:
  • crazycatlady88np
    Options
    I got a Mirena about a month ago and while I haven't noticed a change in general appetite, I do think my crazy hormonal "I NEED TO EAT X RIGHT NOW" cravings have decreased thanks to the very steady hormone level. I've been on a bunch of different BC pills before and did have one (I think it was Alesse) where I just didn't experience hunger and only ate out of habit. I think everyone reacts to hormones differently.