Reached a plateau

Options
13 pounds came off real fast (3 weeks?) Waterweight of course. How long will I be stuck at same weight? I have no problem eating healthy and calorie concious. My greed for sugar has disappeared. Just the sugars I can't avoid, like in fruits or milk.
1200 cal/ 1hour exercise daily. I just upgraded to bicyling, from walking as fast as I can with 221 pounds. I don't eat the credited calories for exercise. I messure hips and waist, it hasn't changed in 2 weeks. Fluids are water, water, water. Coffee in the morning and the occasional green tea (365 Whole Foods) which is lightly sweetened. I'm not frustrated or discouraged, but I'm a "gogetter' and need things to move forward......

Replies

• bryntevans01
    bryntevans01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1200 cal/ 1hour exercise daily. I don't eat the credited calories for exercise.

That's quite a bit of exercise for the calories you take in. have you tried eating more frequently? Have you considered some strength work? have you considered some interval training on our bike?
  • ErinMLB
    ErinMLB Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I would up your calories if you're exercising that much.

That being said... how long has the plateau lasted? weight lose usually comes relatively quickly at first and slows down. I frequently have a few weeks at a time with no weight lost. Just keep chugging away, you'll get there. :happy:
  • gabi797
    Options
    ./.
  • gabi797
    Options
    I'm on that plateau for 2 weeks. Eating more? I'm not even hungry. I really would have to convince (force) myself to eat more.
    Low carbs, moderate protein and I'm never worried about fat, it makes everything taste right. 8 hours of sleep for the least.
    So it looks like I'm doing everything right. I think it's my age....i should be more patient.
  • 15Nov2013
    15Nov2013 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Low carbing made me hit a plateau for more than 6 months ... i went back to a whole food and balanced diet ... after that i am loosing slowly but steadily
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I got through my plateau by pushing harder. Held weights on treadmill hill option, ate more calories in protein. Switch your workout & do something is the best advice I can give u.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Ever heard on intermittent fasting? Google it
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    When I hit it I start measuring and weighing everything I consume. Usually find out I have been consuming more than I thought.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Low carbing made me hit a plateau for more than 6 months ... i went back to a whole food and balanced diet ... after that i am loosing slowly but steadily

^^ this was me, too. Plus I will add if you are truly doing low carb you should not, by any means, be counting calories. I also agree you are not eating enough for the amount of exercise you do.
  • oremus1
    oremus1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    my failsafe whenever I plateau over the years, especially if I have been dieting strictly for a long itme and am close to 105lbs, is having some high carb high cal days. once a week,even. I think it breaks the starvation mode. then I susually lose a couple pounds just after that.

BUT are you sure you are logging correctly?
  • krisp1108
    krisp1108 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had successfully done WW in the past (don't like their new program though). One think I DID learn was I needed to eat more. At the time I was not working out but for me, I had to use the extra weekly points they give. I'd stay pretty true to the daily points, but 1 day a week I had to use at least half of them. When I didn't or used too many, I lost very little.
    It took some fine tuning to figure it out, but once I did it was pretty consistant. I'm thinking 1200 is too low with all the exercise. I know it doesn't make sense but you have to eat to lose.