12 hours of exercise this weekend COMPLETED!

Options
Tamishumate
Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
my friend and I thought it would be "fun" to workout 12 hours this weekend, 6 hours both days. We thought it would be a challenge that we could see 1, how many calories we could burn, and 2, what our bodies could endure.
We burned over 4700 calories in the two days, and our bodies endured the following : 2 hours of spin class, 2 hours of bootcamp 2 hours of cardio machines, 8 miles of walking/ running, 1 hour of pilates, 1 hour of yoga, 30 mins of swimming, 1 hour of weight training, over the two days.
We were all wiped out the first day, I crashed by 9 pm, and when my husband came home around 8 pm he said I looked like crap ( tired) we didnt drink gatorade or anything like that till late in the day on SAT, big mistake, headache big time. Sunday was much better, we ate the whole time, and drank gallons of water. IT was awesome to finish what we set out to do.

FYI, my " if every day were like today " said I would lose over 25 pounds in 5 weeks. So there ya go, 5 pounds a week, this is how the biggest loser people do it!

Replies

• ClaudiaHong
    Options
    :smile: Wow - well done - It obviously wouldn't be wise to do that too often , but its great to know you got thru it.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    well clearly not, but we had been planning it for a few weeks. it was very fun to do , fun to see how hard you could push yourself. No different than someone running a marathon or something like that.
  • Kaileyxoxo
    Kaileyxoxo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    wow! thanks for the inspiration =)
  • mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    it's totally like running a marathon, but with more variety--let me tell you, after 6 hours of running, you get very very bored! what a cool challenge idea!
  • ginlee
    ginlee Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow! Thats great. Wish I could have done the same.
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    what a great challenge....thanks for the enlightenment that if you can do 6hrs a day you could lose that weight like biggest losers do....makes the show a bit more realistic and easier to accept their massive losses on a weekly basis when the "regular" person struggles to lose 1-3lbs a week SQUEEZING in an hour or so a day....

congrats on meeting your challenge....very insightful...
  • mizzjessie
    Options
    What a challenge!

I am a SAHM and I have to say I do not have 2+ hours a day to workout. I spend time with my daughter, take to her and from school, clean, run errands, make dinner etc. It would be nice to do but the reality is all of us Mom have other things to attend to if we can't fit in working out 2 hours a day.
  • HOPEful27
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • queenofdisney
    Options
    my friend and I thought it would be "fun" to workout 12 hours this weekend, 6 hours both days. We thought it would be a challenge that we could see 1, how many calories we could burn, and 2, what our bodies could endure.
    We burned over 4700 calories in the two days, and our bodies endured the following : 2 hours of spin class, 2 hours of bootcamp 2 hours of cardio machines, 8 miles of walking/ running, 1 hour of pilates, 1 hour of yoga, 30 mins of swimming, 1 hour of weight training, over the two days.
    We were all wiped out the first day, I crashed by 9 pm, and when my husband came home around 8 pm he said I looked like crap ( tired) we didnt drink gatorade or anything like that till late in the day on SAT, big mistake, headache big time. Sunday was much better, we ate the whole time, and drank gallons of water. IT was awesome to finish what we set out to do.

FYI, my " if every day were like today " said I would lose over 25 pounds in 5 weeks. So there ya go, 5 pounds a week, this is how the biggest loser people do it!

Wow that is a totally awesome idea!!! I wonder if I could do it. Maybe when I have a break from law school I can try your challenge :)
  • yummymammy
    yummymammy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well done, what a great idea, i'm at a plateau right now and that might be just the tonic i need to get me going again (maybe not as intense though, :smile:
    Bet you feel great now after it all. Well done again!!!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    :smile:

hmmmmm wonder if i should attempt something like this in the new year????
    problem is i dont have any local buddies to do it with......wonder if i could scrounge someone UP???
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!