WAYE (What are you Eating)

Options
For breakfast I had a poptart and a tall Chai Tea latte with reduced fat milk... I know not the healthiest but I was in a hurry and late for work!
For my mid morning snack I had a light string cheese stick and applesauce with no sugar added.
I am not sure what I am having for lunch. I am thinking about getting a Scholozkys turkey sandwich on whole wheat. I usually bring my lunch to work but forgot today!
My snack will be a handful of baby carrots for mid afternoon
Dinner will be breakfast again, eggs, toast, grits and turkey bacon... I usually dont eat but a spoonful of grits.

Replies

• SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for me is always the same: Whole wheat bagel w/ 1 egg & 1 slice of provolone or cheddar

Lunch today is baked chicken breast, roast potato and cauliflower/broccoli mix

Dinner is a toss up. I will either have the same thing that I had for lunch, or I'll just make a sandwich and have some homemade veggie soup.

Snacks today were: apple & 2 clementines
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: oatmeal with cinnamon & 1tbl fresh ground almond butter, ground turkey patty & a small orange
    Post workout: 1c milk & 1/2scoop vanilla protein powder
    Lunch: ground turkey patty, avocado, butternut squash
    PM Snack: Light Activia vanilla yogurt & 1tbl almond butter
    Dinner: homemade lasagna & veggies
    Evening Snack: TBD

I love talking about food! :bigsmile:
  • kuntrygurl
    Options
    Just coffee for breakfast, so far. Running late to work. :grumble:
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The thing that works best for me regarding breakfast (healthy breakfast) is to commit to eating healthier first and foremost and do what it takes to make sure you control that intake.... Example, I prepare oatmeal with fresh fruit with some egg whites and a bagel.... I'm super full and give my body what it needed without compromising my objective.

Prepare all your stuff the night before, I boil my two eggs and make the oatmeal at night, use freezer safe tuperware to ensure freshness of oatmeal.

in the am, you simply just need to microwave your meal, eat, and go.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Yummm....a food thread!
    Breakfast - Kashi Go Lean, banana, and joint juice
    Morning snack - three clementines and a Luna bar
    Lunch - salad with grilled chicken and an apple
    Afternoon snack - clementines, apple, maybe a Luna bar, maybe some Ry Krisp crackers (counts as pre-run fuel too!)
    Post-run - protein shake
    Dinner - ??? Probably some grilled breast of something with steamed veggies and pearled barley
    Evening snack - WINE!
  • jessicalhall85
    Options
    for breakfast i had some little bites cereal with skim milk, and some coffee. For lunch I think I will have a sandwich with turkey and some low fat cottage cheese and a light activia. Supper...I have no idea....lol my husband works late tonight so i won't need to make a big meal. For snacks today i will probably have some light string cheese and an apple or banana. :)
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    Breakfast (380 cals):
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 10 fl oz
    Fruit - Pineapple, Fresh, 165 g (1 cup)
    Bailey's - Coffee Creamer-Hazelnut, 1 Tbsp (15mL)
    Blue Diamond Natural - Almond Breeze Almond Milk , 8 oz
    Fiber One - Raisin Bran Clusters, 1 cup

AM Snack (110 cals):
    Yoplait Light Fat Free - Black Forest Cake, 1 container

Lunch (223 cals):
    Toufayan - Onion Pita Bread, 1 loaf
    Athenos - Hummus - Roasted Red Pepper, 2 tbsp
    Cucumber - With peel, raw, 0.5 cucumber (8-1/4")

PM Snack (144 cals):
    Generic - Fuji Apple, 9 oz (that's a BIG apple)

Dinner (352 cals):
    Pork - Boston Butt Roast, 8 oz
    Corn - Sweet, yellow, canned, whole kernel, drained solids, 0.5 cup
    Peas - Green, canned, regular pack, drained solids, 0.5 cup

Late Night Snack:
    None

Totals:
    Calroies: 1,209 (daily goal: 1200)
    Carbs: 215 (daily goal: 0165)
    Fat: 25 (daily goal: 40)
    Sodium: 1,329 (daily goal: 1500)
    Protein: 47 (daily goal: 45)
    Fiber: 32 (daily goal: 14)
  • krisdw
    krisdw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is almost always fruit. Today I also had a snack well devil's food cake cookie since they're only 50 calories and it sounded good with my coffee.. but then i had strawberries. Usually it's about a cup of strawberries or some other fruit like a peach or a pear.

Mid morning snack is usually more fruit or on occassion low fat/non fat yogurt.

Lunch is whatever dinner was the night before (eggplant lasagne, bean soup, multi-grain pasta, etc)

Mid day snack is a veggie of some sorts.. usually carrots or avacado

Dinner is something more hearty but still low cal, like chick-pea stew, eggplant lasagne, bean soup, multi-grain pasta or multiple things like sweet potatoes, vegetarian hot dogs, veggies etc.

I try to stay away from processed foods and cook as natural as possible. Takes more time but it's worth it.
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    Breakfast is usually a venti green tea latte, nonfat, with 2 pumps of sugar free vanilla syrup.
    I guess I don't have a typical lunch, but today it's a salad and some sardines
    Supper tonight is baked squash (with some brown sugar) since it's really good this time of year and one of the few veggies in my garden that my girls will eat :)
    I also have a big juicy Harry & David pear that will be gone shortly :happy:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I am trying to do a modified Paleo approach to eating (with dairy) and incorporate it into my family's lifestyle. My son has stomach issues and I really have a feeling I can pinpoint it to gluton.

That being said:

Breakfast: 2% Fage yogurt + 1/2 banana + coffee with half n half + protein powder
    Lunch: 1 egg, 2 ew omelette with goat cheese + apple
    Snack: rolled up turkey + tablespoon of natty pb on celery
    Dinner: homemade chicken fajitas sans wraps w/ chicken, peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese!!
    After dinner: cottage cheese w/ pb + coffee with half n half
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I had a mini Butterfinger and Snickers from my daughter's Halloween bag, for lunch I'm going to have some goldfish crackers and either some baked chicken strips or a peanut butter and banana sandwich. For dinner I'm having baked chicken with rice and gravy, corn and sweet peas. I have apples for snacks, but I haven't had any yet.
  • jamie1888
    Options
    delete
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Today I had an apple and string cheese for breakfast, and a Jimmy John's #12 Beach Club Unwich (lettuce wrap, no bread - turkey, sprouts, avocado spread, provolone cheese, tomatoes) for lunch

Usually I have an egg white scramble for breakfast with one Jimmy Dean turkey sausage pattie chopped up, mushrooms, onion, 1/4 mozzarella and chunky salsa....with a tsp. of Brummel Brown in the pan for sauteing the veggies....yummy! I missed it this morning because I had to be into work early.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: coffee, 1 slice nature's own double fiber wheat bread, 2 teaspoons almond butter
    Second Breakfast (I"m like a hobbit!): 1/3 cup egg whites, 4 slices canadian bacon
    Lunch: brown rice California Roll
    Snack: gala apple w/ 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
    Dinner: chopped pork "sandwich" (on lettuce), salad, homemade mac n' cheese
    Snack: jello sugar free chocolate mousse
  • lovelylinz
    Options
    So I just discovered 1/2 cup of oatmeal fills me up like no other!! I really am going to try to start incorporating it for at least one meal a day!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Soy sausage English muffin (whole wheat English muffin, Cotswold cheese, hot and spicy soy sausage patty), and skim milk

Lunch: Grilled steak salad (spinach, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts and grilled strip steak with balsamic vin), blood orange, Vitamin water

Dinner: To be determined!

Snacks: Yogurt
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Love these posts.

Breakfast: coffee with creamer, 2 pieces of toast with 2 tbsp reduced fat pb, and 1/2 banana
    Lunch: 1/2 bag of Publix Premium Salad, true blue blend, and 1/2 cup baby carrots
    Snack: honey crisp apple - debating on the pb
    Dinner: chicken casserole (YUMMY with chicken, cr of chicken soup, sour cream, onions, celery, sliced almonds)
  • wife2mikejh
    Options
    Yeah I love these kinds of posts as well. I like to see what everyone is eating to stay in their calorie count. It helps me to figure out what foods I can try!
  • boweg
    boweg Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My new favorite dinner is 1 cup of whole wheat rotini pasta, 1/2 cup green pepper and mushroom spaghetti sauce, 2/3 cup Morning Star Farms Italian Sausage Veggie Crumbles. The veggie crumbles are soooo good! It comes to 370 Cal, 7g fat and 20g protein
  • jamie1888
    Options
    It's hard to see all these posts and not want to offer suggestions for improvement! :bigsmile:
    I will bite my tongue but will say, EAT SOME PROTEIN PEOPLE! :tongue: