Who bakes?

Options
2»

Replies

• ruthlesswr
    ruthlesswr Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Oh and tips: try to have your eggs, butter, etc room-temperature not straight from the refrigerator. And measure very carefully - in a lot of ways baking is more science than art (the art is in the decorating) and it's a lot less forgiving than "regular" cooking. Finally, use a scoop for cookies and loading up cupcake or muffin tins so that you have equally sized items -that way everything is done in the same amount of time.
    Ruth
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I used to be a farmer's market vendor (as a second job) with organic veggies, free-range eggs, low-sugar jams, and fresh bread. I *love* to make bread but I have no self-control around it, so baking for market was perfect! I make crusty European-style artisan breads mostly.
  • ktlinn4
    ktlinn4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Any tips for baking, guys?

Haha...I messed it up so ETA: Cream your butter & sugars for as long as you possibly can. Also...when making cookies refrigerate or freeze for a few minutes before baking! They will not be puddles! Oh, and you can never use too much vanilla extract!:wink: I often double the amt called for in recipes.