circuit training

Options
Hi all - new to the community and loving it so far!

So today I started my circuit training - it is a high intensity workout where you alternate between cardio and weight machines doing each one for 30 seconds. So it goes something like: bike 30 sec, leg curl 30 sec, bike 30 sec, squats 30 sec, bike...and so on. There are 12 total weight machines that target all muscle groups in your body. I went through the circuit 3 times taking almost 45 min including a 5 min cool down on the bike. How in the world do you quantify this in the exercise section without trying to sum up total time on the bike and then adding 3 sets of each weight machine in? I'm quite sure the intensity of the workout would add up to more than it will if I put in each exercise manually but it appears that may be the only way...

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• GingerKid
    Options
    Hi! I circuit train at least 2x a week via a boot camp class. It really kicks your butt huh! :) I actually just did a search in the cardio section of MFP for "circuit training" and then put in my time for that.

HTH
  • rikmoor
    rikmoor Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well duh...thank you GingerKid! I was looking under the weight training section for it... Thank you!

And yes, it whipped up on me pretty good!