My Transformation! (pics)

Options
Okay so I'm posting this for a few reasons. There are so many amazing, absolutely incredible people on this website who have lost a staggering amount of weight. There have also been inspiring people who maybe haven't lost much weight but have transformed their bodies from flubby fat into rock hard muscle. I commend ALL of you. You inspire me every day. However, once we leave the walls of MFP there are many influences out there that try to suck us in by tricking us. I get on Instagram daily, as I follow many women who are into lifting, and often I come across "transformations" that don't really seem like transformations.... Some of them are promoting that you buy their latest line of vitamins or fat burners, or that you hire them as an online coach and pay money for online "training" programs that they offer. They usually post a picture along with the ad, saying that one of their clients used their program/ pill/ magical water and they lost 10 pounds in a week. You get the gist.

Here's my transformation. There is about 2 minutes in between the pictures (I should've really taken the "before" picture after I devour my dinner at Cracker Barrel tonight, I'm going to have a food baby for sure... oh well). The things that transformed were my clothes, lighting, and stance. Not my body. Don't let yourself get sucked into false "transformation" pictures out there on the internet that are trying to sell things.

Also, on a side note- I'm technically borderline overweight based on my BMI. Don't let yourself get sucked into the numbers either. They can eat *kitten*.

And in case anyone is curious, my lifestyle is I lift heavy and eat whatever I want in moderation. I also enjoy cardio in the form of shaking my butt at zumba.

Edit to add that I first saw this done by the amazing LorinaLynn... I think that was her name. What happened to her? Is she still on here? If you are, Hi Lorina! You inspired me to lift. Thanks.

TL;DR- take selfies in good lighting.

16bx440.jpg

2hp6nbd.jpg

Replies

• Summer_Lunatic
    Summer_Lunatic Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! I see a HUGE difference and you look so much stronger.!

Wait ... these pics are 2 minutes apart? WTF?
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Haha, love people who don't read the actual post :laugh:

Great post OP and definitely something to remember!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Great post.
    Great posing.

:happy:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Lol ;) love this.
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    It really is amazing, isn't it? Great example of not trusting a lot of the pictures out there in cyber land! Either way, you look great.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    :laugh: You could so make a fortune selling two-minute makeovers :flowerforyou:
  • april_khalia
    april_khalia Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love this!!!
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wow excellent job!
  • darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Awesome job
  • Amazing job! Well done
  • hassell90
    hassell90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    great job !!
  • chasethesky125
    Options
    I can't see the second pic! :cry:
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Lol! I guess some people are just in for the pics and not the post. Kinda proves the point I guess.
  • smitchum
    smitchum Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is a great message for young people out there fighting to be "perfect", this needs to be a message for the WORLD!!!
  • love_handles83
    love_handles83 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Haha, love people who don't read the actual post :laugh:

Great post OP and definitely something to remember!
  • Manda_1986
    Manda_1986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Lol its so true. I did this myself a while ago to prove a point to my friend who obsesses over those before and after photos. Its amazing what your stance and the way you hold your stomach and the lighting change how you look.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    You've made a fantastic point about "transformation" and a more subtle point about selfies. I like it.
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    This is great! And it is amazing how many people are not reading anything you wrote lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!