Replies

• betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    love it!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I am so going to use this...fantastic! I have learned the same things!
  • Hikr56
    Hikr56 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Love this post, and you look amazing! I really like #7. I may just have to post that on my fridge as a daily reminder! :smile:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Loved how sensible you are about it. Well done and keep up the great work.
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    What I've learned... One year on MFP 
    1. The mind is a powerful thing to (my) waist. 
    2. I keep my "before" photo on my fridge to remind myself how far I've come. 
    3. Absolutely no AYCE "all you can eat" places unless I can order off a menu because of #4
    4. I will probably always have food issues. 
    5. No more than three days may pass without exercise. Daily is my goal. 
    6. I can eat whatever I want, because life happens and I won't feel deprived. (MODERATION)
    7. Eating out for ME is reserved for special occasions. I know what I will order and I take 1/2 home. 
    7. Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance. 
    8. When I cheat on myself my scale won't lie and I will have to pay the consequences. 
    9. I read nutritional labels. 
    10. Weighing in everyday keeps me in check. 
    I1. I will forgive myself if I have eaten more than I need on the days like #4. 
    12. I'd rather spend my money at the grocery store than at the Doctors office. 
    13. I Try to step out of my comfort zone. I'm already planning on running 1/2 marathon in Chicago in July and in San Antonio in December. 
    14. I dislike running. Its like going to a bad job but I still do it and my pay off is better health. 
    15. Even if I come in last place (and I have) I'm still a winner because at least I crossed the finish line and I had the courage to try. 
    16. When I'm upset...it's not what is eating me, it's the fact that I'm probably overeating. Focus on #1. 
    17. Each new day is a chance for a new beginning no matter how bad my day ended the day before. #11 

Awesome post! Congrats on the Weight loss!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    What I've learned... One year on MFP 
    1. The mind is a powerful thing to (my) waist. 
    2. I keep my "before" photo on my fridge to remind myself how far I've come. 
    3. Absolutely no AYCE "all you can eat" places unless I can order off a menu because of #4
    4. I will probably always have food issues. 
    5. No more than three days may pass without exercise. Daily is my goal. 
    6. I can eat whatever I want, because life happens and I won't feel deprived. (MODERATION)
    7. Eating out for ME is reserved for special occasions. I know what I will order and I take 1/2 home. 
    7. Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance. 
    8. When I cheat on myself my scale won't lie and I will have to pay the consequences. 
    9. I read nutritional labels. 
    10. Weighing in everyday keeps me in check. 
    I1. I will forgive myself if I have eaten more than I need on the days like #4. 
    12. I'd rather spend my money at the grocery store than at the Doctors office. 
    13. I Try to step out of my comfort zone. I'm already planning on running 1/2 marathon in Chicago in July and in San Antonio in December. 
    14. I dislike running. Its like going to a bad job but I still do it and my pay off is better health. 
    15. Even if I come in last place (and I have) I'm still a winner because at least I crossed the finish line and I had the courage to try. 
    16. When I'm upset...it's not what is eating me, it's the fact that I'm probably overeating. Focus on #1. 
    17. Each new day is a chance for a new beginning no matter how bad my day ended the day before. #11 

This list is great!!! I especially like 7, 10, 11, and 17! Thank you for sharing!
  • shelzwillis
    shelzwillis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great post. Very motivational. I need it!! Just getting started (again). I need to lose 45 pounds. I weigh more now than I did both times I was pregnant. (That was 22 yrs ago)
  • bethshines
    bethshines Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    GREAT post! Thanks!
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Lots of good points there! I might have to borrow a couple for my own fridge.
  • cmbalint
    cmbalint Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post.Ther are some great points for me to take with me.:smile:
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Never understood why people run who hate running... just find something you like doing that burns calories and do that instead!!! The psychological benefits of doing something you love are much better than trying to get results and hating it. I quit doing Insanity and starting weightlifting again, seeing great results and I have time for my wife and son :) that is much better than sweating all over my gym, being miserable, not eating enough and not seeing my family!
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    OMG -you are amazing. I love this. I found so much comfort in your words... thank you so much for sharing.

:)
  • Nushuz
    Nushuz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much... great words!
  • mona202
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that. It makes alot of sense and would seem to work for the long haul. Oh and no, I am not Gerard Butler like my pic shows, I like to look at him lol
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Great list and congrats on your loss! And what a great idea to share your journey, I hope more people will do this. I have just passed my one year anniversary, I will now have to think up my own list. You are looking great!
  • BXCHICAinOHIO
    BXCHICAinOHIO Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL post! Thank you for sharing!
  • Donnanovember2013
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for your words of inspiration!
  • chasethesky125
    Options
    This is probably the awesomest success story I've read to date! Not because of the weight loss, but because you're mentally on top of things! Mind over matter! :smile:
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I needed this to remind me to keep going :) thanks!
  • tea4alice
    Options
    Love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!