watch that tracks calories...

Options
does anyone use one? and if so do you find it to be useful?? I have been considering getting one for motivation and a more accurate idea of how many calories i burn during my workouts.

Replies

• TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in knowing as well!

Thanks!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor is the best way to count calories burned. Other than an oxygen consumption test (dr) it is the most accurate way to keep track. There are many watches that have heart rate monitors and calorie trackers on them. I heard the polar (many models) brand watch is a great one.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    yep i just bought my HRM off amazon.ca...it should be here sometime this week...just be careful when buying one, sometimes they don't track calories...just read what you're buying, there's tons out there
  • bcbunny
    Options
    Hi - i just bought a Sportline Solo 915 heart monitor + calorie monitor at Sportchek here in Canada. Used it for 2 workouts, and it has given me calorie burns that are higher than what my elliptical says I burned. Obviously, since I'm tracking my heart rate on it during my workout, i trust it more.

anyway, just thought I'd give my feedback. I've recently joined and look forward to some great results using this site.:)
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser uses the Body Bugs - terribly expensive but I have to assume they work.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    I bought one at walmart for around $30 that seems to work pretty well. May not be the most accurate (no chest band) but great for the price!
  • danmullen
    Options
    I recently bought a Polar HRM and it's great! I went on a hike up a mountain last week and was able to see that I'd burned 1,875 calories! Absolutely fantastic for motivation. I've started to wear it whilst at the gym, running and playing football.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I don't know about watches, but I just downloaded Cardo Trainer on my phone. It keeps track of calories burned while walking/running and has a GPS to track progress. What I really love about it is that even when the app is closed, the calories burned number stays up at the top of the phone to keep you motivated. BUT I also think a HRM is a good idea. I'm saving for one or hoping that Santa brings me one :)
  • rpbabs
    rpbabs Posts: 16
    Options
    Two years ago, I purchased the Nike Women's Imara Heart Rate Monitor Watch to have a better idea of how many calories I burn during a workout. It stopped working a few weeks ago! I am buying a new one, but staying away from this model because it has too many features, making it annoying since I only need it to count calories. I also plan on getting something with higher reviews.
  • lovelylinz
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. I had been looking at the polar line and think I will go ahead and get one to try it out! It can't hurt and any extra motivation is always a great benefit!! :D
  • theharrisons
    Options
    I purchased a Polar F4 HRM with chest strap and I love it. It is so easy to use and it helps keep you motivated.
  • aggielauren
    aggielauren Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F11 HR montior and I love love love it! In fact - its actually helped me potentially find a heart condition, which is never good. But, it might explain alot of the issues I have with exercise. It counts calories, saves your times, lets you set heart rate zones to stay within...I really love mine!