FITBIT equipment

Options
Anybody have a suggestion as to which FITBIT to purschase? I'd like to use it for tracking steps/excersise etc. Nothing over $125 and easy to operate.

Replies

• ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I got the flex when I won $100 giftcard at work. I liked it a lot but I actually can't find it at the moment =/
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I love my One!
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I bought the Fitbit Flex....do I like not really...They brought one out right after I bought mine and that one I would have bought...WHY what I don't like about the flex is that everytime you want to see where you are at you have to go to your computer the braclelet you wear only shows lites and no numbers as for the Fitbit Force same bracelet but you can see time and other stuff you don't always have to go to your computer to see your numbers...what I suggest is try looking up on Internet Fitbit Flex and Fitbit Force you will see what I mean.....good luck, I bought mine through Amazon
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE my Fitbit One
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit flex.
  • craftykat12
    craftykat12 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    my first one was the ultra it clips on your pocket and I really liked it, it got put in the washer so now it don't work, I now have the force I have had it about 2 weeks, the only problem I have with it is it don't count you steps if you are pushing a shopping cart, your arms have to be moving, you can now get them at walmart, I also have the scales from fitbit.
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Fitbit One. Keeps me motivated and moving!!
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Fitbit One....its awesome
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I like my Fitbit one. You can see how many steps, stairs and calories you have burnt for the day so fair. I have noticed when I am packing at work, it doesn't seem to pick up as many little steps as I think it should. But other than that I am enjoying having it.
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit Zip. It's the least expensive of the FitBit line, but I love it. It has a display which shows steps, distance, calories, time, and a happy face for when I'm doing well! It doesn't do stairs climbed or sleep tracking, but I don't mind. I use something else for sleep tracking, and I've heard the stair climber isn't too accurate.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess that settles that :tongue:
  • muziclver
    muziclver Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I bought the fitbit zip from walmart. About $60 bucks. Does what all the other fitbits do except it doesn't monitor your sleep (which I dont need). What I like most about the zip though is that you don't have to wear it on your wrist. It's really small so you can clip it to your bra (which is what I do) but I've heard people clip it to a belt loop or their pocket or even their underwear. Plus, for $5 bucks at walmart theres a 2 year replacement warranty. Not too bad :)
  • Searching44
    Options
    Love my ZIP!!!!:heart:
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I bought the fitbit zip from walmart. About $60 bucks. Does what all the other fitbits do except it doesn't monitor your sleep (which I dont need). What I like most about the zip though is that you don't have to wear it on your wrist. It's really small so you can clip it to your bra (which is what I do) but I've heard people clip it to a belt loop or their pocket or even their underwear. Plus, for $5 bucks at walmart theres a 2 year replacement warranty. Not too bad :)

I put my Zip on my pants. Sometimes on the waistband, sometimes on the pocket. Right now it's holding my pants together because the button is missing! :blushing:
  • cdobbs66
    Options
    Anybody have a suggestion as to which FITBIT to purschase? I'd like to use it for tracking steps/excersise etc. Nothing over $125 and easy to operate.

I am using the Fitbit Flex and it has been great so far! $99 and will link to your MFP!
  • DaveDTD
    DaveDTD Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like my flex, even though it doesn't have numbes on the read out.
  • I guess I am the anti fitbit and other tools like it. The idea of relying on something like that bugs me. I want less things to worry about. If I lost my computer or phone tomorrow I can maintain my weight. Do I really want to wear something like that the rest of my life. Not for me. When I look at my program I look at it from the standpoint of could I do this for the rest of my life and be happy. That includes the food I eat, the exercise I do and my mental and spiritual program I am on. All my steps are in my averages anyways and I don't need a band to calculate it for me. Also, for me my spiritual program is important. I trust if I am connected to God and doing my mental and spiritual work God will take care of me.

All that being said it sounds like it translates into weight loss for some. Try it for a month or whatever the return policy is at the store, if it doesn't translate into weight loss for you, take it back:)
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have the One and I LOVE it.

But it's all about personal preference. I wanted something I could wear to a dinner party or to the gym. The bracelets don't go well with pearls. ; )

I have read about people wearing the flex and the one at the same time, and that the One seems to be more consistent with a HRM as to calories burned. That the flex can give credit for too many steps if you move your hands around a lot...or not enough if you're not swinging your arms.

The biggest difference between the clip style (The One and the Ultra) is that the One is smaller...Lots of women wear them clipped to the center of their bra (me included...) and the Ultra is bigger. So if your chest isn't super well endowed, apparently you can see it under your shirt. (But if it's on your pants...you're fine.) Also, I believe the ultra's display doesn't light up, so you have to have a light source to see your stats...It doesn't track sleep. But I never track sleep with my One. I don't see the point.

Again - it's personal preference. Whichever you choose, I haven't heard of ANYONE buying one of these who hasn't started moving more. It's very disheartening to look down and see that your step count is 2k, and it's noon. Or to look at your calorie burn and see that you're not going to make your burn goal for the day. Any of these smart pedometers will get you moving...
  • Mrsdsdiary
    Options
    I have the ZIP. love it! good to motivate you to get out and do lots of walking :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    My husband has worn the little original fitbit clip on for years, but for an early black friday Christmas gift I got him the Fitbit Force. He loves it.

It is quite the thing to wear a Flex, or Nike Fuel band these days no matter what the setting. I wear mine with my pearl bracelets all the time, work or church or playing my horn in Orchestra.