struggling for consistency

Options
I lost 30 pounds doing south beach, jillian michaels work out dvd's and doing cardio daily. i lost an average of 10 pounds per month. I was on track to reach my goal weight. But things have changed, I find that with recent stress in my life I am eating just to eat. I gained 15 pounds from the 30 I initially lost. I dont know why it is such a struggle this time around for me to get it back together. But here I am, I am going back on south beach and my jillian work outs along with tracking my diet on MFP starting today. I have to get a hold of my weight battle before it defeats me. Every week I cheat 1 day and use that as an excuse to postpone my fitness plans for another week. I work in a sedentary position at work with sweet treats coming through the office that constantly tempt me. I am hoping by starting a buddy system through this site I can start some friendly competition and support to get me back on track...

Replies

• ariaover9000
    ariaover9000 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    tell me about it. i work in a call center where people are constantly bringing in doughnuts and bad stuff. we have a caf that sells the most unhealthy delicious cookies. i sit all day and then im tired after work. i feel no support. i want to lose 10 pounds so so bad. i hate overeating, i hate having anxiety over food. don't give up because if you do then ill feel less likely i can do it. ive been strong some days and i feel so much better those days. no cookie feels as good as feeling comfortable in my skin
  • hard2bfit
    hard2bfit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hello, how are you doing on the fitness journey? have you stayed on track?
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    tell me about it. i work in a call center where people are constantly bringing in doughnuts and bad stuff. we have a caf that sells the most unhealthy delicious cookies. i sit all day and then im tired after work. i feel no support. i want to lose 10 pounds so so bad. i hate overeating, i hate having anxiety over food. don't give up because if you do then ill feel less likely i can do it. ive been strong some days and i feel so much better those days. no cookie feels as good as feeling comfortable in my skin

can you work out in the morning? then 1. you can be as tired as you want at the end of the work day - and just go home and 2. personally, if i work out earlier in the day, i have a greater chance at sticking with healthy choices later on.

is there a lighter, yummy snack you can treat yourself too every time you pass up on the donuts and cookies? like, tiny squares of dark chocolate in your favorite flavors? 2-3 a day max (and no other desserts) could help keep you on track - ~200 calories is better than those cookies & donuts!
  • ironbyron1
    Options
    I think it might help if you bring your own healthy snacks every day. At least that way when you are tempted you can eat that instead of the bad stuff. Individual servings of nuts, while high in calories are at least healthy. Even the fat in them is not bad fat, at least in most nuts. I have found Triscuit crackers to be a great snack for me. I used to buy a box and put the whole box in single servings so I could just grab a baggie whenever I needed something to munch on. Good luck! And thanks for helping me remember that I once did that. I'm going to start doing that again!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Did you just necro your own year-old post...

...and ask how you were doing???
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

That's what I was about to ask! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

It's good to stay in touch with ones self.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

mind blown
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

2557tissue_box.jpg
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

TRUTH
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

TRUTH

I don't want anybody else

sc9jc1.gif