Ezekial bread

Options
Hey! When I decided to make a lifestyle change of eating healthier, reducing calories and staying on top of my exercise my mom went out and bought me a loaf of Ezekial bread (she is a bit of a health nut). Anyways, Im not real into the taste and was wondering if any of you out there eat it and if so how?? or what do you eat it with?? I may just need to give it some time and I will adjust to the taste!

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Its just me but I don't like any other those gluten free type of breads
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT AND RECOMMEND IT TO ALL MY CLIENTS. IT IS ONE OF THE BEST BREADS OUT THERE. KEEP IT FROZEN OR IT WILL ROT QUICK. I TOAST IT! WHEN I USE IT FOR SANDWHICHES I TOAST IT. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. I HATE ANY OTHER BREADS AND HAVE EATING IT FOR 4 YEARS NOW :-)
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    LOVE this bread. I eat the sesame kind. It's definitely a different taste than normal wheat bread, but i guess over time you learn to like it and prefer the healthy, grainy taste! I like Morning Star veggie burgers for lunch, so i will melt a slice of cheese on bread and put my veggie burger on top. Also tuna melts. It's delicious! I also like it w/ peanut butter or almond butter. Basically anything you ate on bread before can be used!
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i dont believe the ezekial is gluten free. not in canada anyways. but the brand food for life does make gluten free breads. i can only like the o doughs brand gluten free and i can only eat them toasted when im going wheat free. i enjoyed ezekial bread but i noticed it goes bad really quick. so i freeze most of it and bring it out in slices at a time. i like it with nutella or some sort of nut butters. maybe just start with a simpler whole grain bread for now. but i think you'll eventually start to like it and prefer it. its expensive!! :)
  • lovelylinz
    Options
    yes, my mom did advise eating it toasted & keeping it frozen!
    I think I will just keep eating it and hope to grow more accustomed to the taste.
    Im not really a picky eater and I find that if I eat new foods a few times they grow on me!
    This bread is supposedly very healthy so we'll see what happens! thanks for the input =)
  • flowersister
    Options
    I love this bread (the sesame kind), but I can totally see why someone might not care for it or that it might take some getting used to. Similar to what others have said, best to keep it frozen and eat it toasted. I like it with almond or peanut butter drizzled with some honey, if I'm looking for something a little sweet. And, I also smear it with cream cheese topped with a slice of chicken breast, arugula, and sliced tomatoes.