Anyone like me out there ??

Options
Hello all

I am 36yrs, mum of 3, 5foot3, 71 kgs !!! Want to lose weight as am creeping into the 'danger to health' region !!!

My problem is
- will power
- lack of consistency
- too busy to plan
-no time for exercise

I know the above are all excuses and if there is a will there is a way !!

I have tried everything - Jillian michaels (lasted 4 sessions ! ) , weightwatchers (worked but progress was slow) , FAST diet sigh !!!

Nothing is consistent....

Now am thinking if I have 'someone like me' to help me, perhaps that will be The key to me becoming a 'consistent' LOSER :)

Thanks for 'listening'

Replies

• Skippy1842
    Skippy1842 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey

I just saw your post and thought id reply. I have had my own struggles with weight - over and under weight so can see where your coming from but im living proof that all thoses excuses can be overcome.
    What I do know is if you truly want to get fit and healthy then there is always a way. You must WANT it though. Sorry if that's a bit blunt but its true.
    Few tips ive learnt - make your goals public, however big, small they are because then everyone can see them and you are accountable.
    Your list of 'excuses - sit down and put to solutions by them,
    eg: no time. Solution 1, get up earlier. Solution 2, get your kids involved so you all exercise together
    too busy to plan - Solution 1, get up earlier and set yourself a deadline, solution 2, get a friend to help - don't over analysis things just get it done.
    Also don't try and change everything all at once start with getting into the exercise routine then tackle your diet. Focus on one thing at a time then it wont seem like a mountain to climb.
    Hope that helps
  • OJLight
    OJLight Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much for replying.
    You are so right ! If one really wants to lose weight, there is no excuse. I just need a good shaking up :-)

Nevertheless - It's just overwhelming how the human mind works. Nothing is black and white.
    Want to lose weight - exercise more and eat less ! But what about the 'thought' that goes into all this !
    Motivation. determination, energy - there is so much more to just 'move more, eat less !'

I am good to go though :-) ! Hoping this 'public' display helps me reach my goals...I think I have about 10 kgs to lose :-)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Everyone is like you, consistency is a skill that requires practice.
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Hi, your list sounds very similar to the list I had. I am now pretty much at maintenance but still struggle with the exercise part. I just try to fit in as much walking as I can.

Feel free to friend me if you like :smile:
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hi! Firstly, congratulations for making the decision to change things and join up on here.

What you described was how I have felt previously, but I can say that if you are determined enough, and also patient, then you can do it. The great thing about MFP is you can link up with lots of others who are battling the same issues as you, but first you need to find that determination from inside you. Start logging your foods and any exercise you are doing, set your weight loss goals on MFP to be achievable (e.g. if you say you want to lose 2kg a week then you're going to get a calorie goal of 1200, whic many people find too low), and start taking some 'before' pictures so you can look at your progress over time.

Good luck :)
  • Skippy1842
    Skippy1842 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much for replying.
    You are so right ! If one really wants to lose weight, there is no excuse. I just need a good shaking up :-)

Nevertheless - It's just overwhelming how the human mind works. Nothing is black and white.
    Want to lose weight - exercise more and eat less ! But what about the 'thought' that goes into all this !
    Motivation. determination, energy - there is so much more to just 'move more, eat less !'

I am good to go though :-) ! Hoping this 'public' display helps me reach my goals...I think I have about 10 kgs to lose :-)

Well done. Tip I give to my clients is: Take a pic of yourself today and stick it on the wall and write all your stats on the back and how you feel about yourself. Whenever you feel like quitting look at that pic and to remind yourself of the person you don't want to be anymore.
    Don't give yourself a hard time if/ when you make mistakes - we all fail. Trust me!
  • OJLight
    OJLight Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ThankYOU for your tips everybody ! I start TODAY !!! Excited :-) ....Fitness Pal says I will lose 2.5 kgs (5.5lbs on 1300cals per day) by 14th Jan..WOW...I hope that does happen...
  • g82green
    Options
    YES! I had tried everything too… and in turn had a million excuses for why it wasn’t working. “I just can’t lose weight!” Jeez! I was so negative. I have lost a few pounds so far and I am proud to say that’s just the beginning. I log my food and work out as much as I can fit in. Feel free to add me and we can enjoy “losing” together!