workout DVD's

Options
what are some good ones you have tried and would recommend?

Replies

• o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    turbo Jam ! Turbo Jam! Turbo Jam!!
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I second that on Turbo Jam.
  • ang2323
    Options
    whats turbo jam? ive never heard of it..
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love the Biggest Loser DVD's. You can customize them on the menu to do the workout you need/want for that day. I have had much success with them.
  • Silverstard
    Options
    I primarily use Netflix, but I use a few of the 10 Minute Solutions series: Target Toning and Carb Burner. I also have Tank Top Arms, Bikini Belly and Boy Shorts Bottom with Minna Lessig that's a really good set of targeted 10 minute workouts.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    P90X of course! www.beachbody.com/p90x
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is a great high energy mixed workout, includes kicks, punches and just all around fun. It's a total body workout. I too have tried the bigget loser dvds and did great with them but felt after a few weeks that they were just too slow. I go back to them occasionaly but am in love with Turbo Jam.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Depends on your price range of course.

Beachbody products (Turbo Jam, P90X, ChaLEAN Extreme, etc). are over $100 dollars, but you get a lot of discs and such.

I really like Jillian Michael's DVDs - I got a 3 pack for about $25. It included: 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones, and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I've found that having these 3 DVDs give me quite a bit of variation on those days where I just don't want to hike over to the gym!
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's dvds, specifically Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and Cardio Kickbox.
  • robjuliew
    Options
    The firm workout dvd's have helped me keep in great shape, try one!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    what are some good ones you have tried and would recommend?

It depends on your fitness level.

For Beginners:
    Slim in 6
    Power 90
    10 Minute Trainer

A little more advaned:
    Turbo Jam

A little further advance:
    ChaLEAN Extreme

Advanced:
    P90X
    Insanity

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I am currently loving Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I have been doing it for about 13 days and I am already seeing differences in my legs and hips area. And each workout is only 20 minutes long which fits perfectly with my schedule. Give it a try, only 9 bucks at Walmart!
  • lovelylinz
    Options
    sounds great! that one is actually on my list! i just started the biggest loser cardio max yesterday and I can totally feel it in my glutes today! lol
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Jam!!

I would like something a little more intense... I love Chalene Johnson so I was thinking of either

ChaLEAN extreme or Turbo Fire?

Any reviews on either of these?
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred has given me results in inches on legs, hips and arms. Also mix in the Turbo Jam.
  • laurenbausch
    Options
    I'll have to try this TurboJam.
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've tried several thru the last year and a half or so... the ones I really find easiest to do, that I know I WILL actually do and enjoy are:

Turbo Jam (this is the first one I started with. Love the music and its fun to dance it up a bit)
    P90X (a little more intense, more strength training based, but enjoyable)
    Chalean Extreme (also more strength training based, but I found this one a little more enjoyable than P90X and you don't do pull ups, which I struggle with)
    Turbo Fire (more cardio based. Lots of dancing and kickboxing type moves. I really love this one, tons of energy from the instructor and you burn A TON of calories)

I also have a few others like Hip Hop abs and such, but if I don't feel entertained or enjoying myself than I won't want to do it.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Jam!!

I would like something a little more intense... I love Chalene Johnson so I was thinking of either

Not sure if you want a guys opinion. I have not done Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire, but I have completed a round of ChaLEAN Extreme. This is one incredible program and it has a little bit of everything for everyone. You want resistance training? Got it! How about some cardio burn? Got it! I wouldn't put it on the same level as P90X or Insanity, but it is right behind those programs.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey Stu! Thanks!

I am definitely not ready for insanity.. and p90x isn't really motivating for me quite yet... You are a coach for beachbody? I love their products and swear by them... do you know if Canadians can be coaches for beachbody too?

I appreciate your input!

I LOVE Turbo Jam!!

Not sure if you want a guys opinion. I have not done Turbo Jam or Turbo Fire, but I have completed a round of ChaLEAN Extreme. This is one incredible program and it has a little bit of everything for everyone. You want resistance training? Got it! How about some cardio burn? Got it! I wouldn't put it on the same level as P90X or Insanity, but it is right behind those programs.

Hope this helps,
    Stu