My first small measure of success.

Options
I have been on MFP for 20 days now and have lost 8.5 lbs. I know it's not a lot and I'm far from my final goal, but I just wanted to share my first small success! I had washed all of my jeans and put them in the dryer. I had to leave and my jeans were still not dry so I decided to see if, just maybe, some jeans that were previously too small would fit. I decided to try a pair of "skinny" jeans on that were a size smaller and my stomach had previously bulged and poured out of. They fit!!!!!!!!! And after I had them on for a while, they started falling down a little! What?!? I haven't noticed much of a change in my measurements, so now I think I must just be doing it wrong because jeans don't lie! I was pretty excited and just had to share. Those of us who have a long way to go have to celebrate the small victories along the way. :)

Replies

• redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say 'small' victory or success....it is SUCCESS so celebrate it! Way to go!
  • xxthursday09xx
    xxthursday09xx Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Great job!
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Congrats!!! It's great when you not only fit into clothes that didn't fit before but now they are dropping of f of you.
    Great job and keep up the good work. :happy:
  • samanthalacey2008
    Options
    That's amazing! I just started this today and I am hoping this one finally helps me :) But good luck in the future and Congrats on your success!
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Jeans don't lie. hehehe.

Hey that's a big step in mho.

Congrats!
  • bushman124
    bushman124 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    In three weeks a loss of 8.5 lbs is great! Keep up the good work and best of luck to you on your weight loss journey. :flowerforyou:
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    cheerleader2.gif
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    that is EXCELLENT! Jeans certainly do not lie and they are super unforgiving too!
  • MrsTLP
    MrsTLP Posts: 15
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :happy:
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    GREAT Job!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • mizzjessie
    Options
    That's awesome! What you have lost so far is great! It is a lot in less then a month and your doing great.
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    That's amazing! I just started this today and I am hoping this one finally helps me :) But good luck in the future and Congrats on your success!

You will love it here. I had hit a 3 month plateau and just could not get anymore weight off until MFP. This site has made all the difference for me. The main thing it does for me is make me AWARE!! Good luck on your weight loss journey. :)
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! And, yes, we certainly should celebrate our small victories along the way.
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    I wouldn't say 'small' victory or success....it is SUCCESS so celebrate it! Way to go!

You are right! It's just hard not to see it as small when there is still so much further to go. But a victory is a victory. Thanks for pointing that out. ;)
  • Allieballie
    Options
    good for you! and it's true, jeans don't lie. :) You're doing awesome!
  • lovelylinz
    Options
    8.5 is big!!!! celebrate & enjoy! =D
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Great Job and Heck YEA, celebrate every success, no matter how "small" you may think it is!! You should be Very Proud of yourself and all your hard work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!