What Can I Make With Frozen Corn?

Options
Looking for some quick and easy ideas for frozen corn. And GO!

Replies

• robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Corn chowder
  • starvinkevin
    Options
    Very colorful poop.
  • rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Saute chopped red peppers and onion in a little olive oil. After a few minutes add in your corn and some salt and pepper. Continue cooking until corn is heated all the way through. (This may take longer for frozen corn than canned). This makes a great side for just about anything grilled or roasted.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Throw a cup of frozen corn in a slow cooker with a small jar of salsa, a can of black beans, 4-5 chicken breasts, tbsp. of chili powder and cumin. Cook for 8 hours. Serve with 1/2 cup of brown rice.
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    snow man? :O
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    fry it up a little with some butter and onions. add crumbled bacon and parsley. its so very yummy. My gfather's favorite turkey dinner corn.

PS: BACON!
  • Miska_
    Miska_ Posts: 84
    Options
    Popsicles.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I throw it in when making chili...
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    black beans, corn, diced tomatos, cilantro, lime, cumin, peppers, onion, corn for black bean salad
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    makes a great ice pack
  • RosaliaBee
    RosaliaBee Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Heat a little oil, add a chopped onion (and optionally a chopped red bell pepper.) Saute till tender. Add some peeled diced raw potato and some vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes. Add frozen sweetcorn and bring back to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for a further ten minutes. Add milk, cream, yoghurt or dairy-free alternative to the consistency desired. Warm through, season with salt and black pepper and serve with bread or croutons.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Taco soup. Just google and you'll find a ton of recipes.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Corn.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Heat a little oil, add a chopped onion (and optionally a chopped red bell pepper.) Saute till tender. Add some peeled diced raw potato and some vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes. Add frozen sweetcorn and bring back to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for a further ten minutes. Add milk, cream, yoghurt or dairy-free alternative to the consistency desired. Warm through, season and serve with bread or croutons.

yum!
  • r8ph
    r8ph Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You could make zucchini and corn mini cakes. I like it with carrot soup.

I prepare mine only using grated zuccinis, corn, onion, red pepper, 1 cup of flour, 2 eggs and spices like cumin.
    No salt, no nothing. You mix everything together until it becomes like a paste. Then you put the mixture into a muffin pan, just a little in each compartment so you get thin patties. Very good and different.

eyho.jpg