Weight training girls?

Options
Hi, im from mississauga. Female looking to lose a around 10lbs and just get fit!
Hopefully keeping up with my cardio and weight training! I hate how many people dont support me lifting.
Just looking for friends to keep me motivated and have something to look at in the feeds.

Feel free to add! especially if you also live in mississauga or windsor!
im 19 btw (:

Replies

• PollyPhoenix
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation - 22 years old and want to lose 13lbs and tone up, so I'm doing Jillian Michaels' DVDs and getting LOTS of protein in me. I definitely prefer weights to plain cardio, though with Jillian's DVDs you generally get both! I live on the outskirts of London though, so nowhere near you :p
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I lift, everyday and love it. The results I have seen are amazing. Good luck on your fitness journey.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on your decision to weight lift! Your body will thank you when you get older.

I do old school heavy barbell lifting following 5/3/1. If you're interested.. feel free to add

I'm 23 and used to be a 1200 calories cardio bunny 2 years ago. When I finally got to my 'goal' weight I was a perfect example of skinny fat. I've totally switched ends now and gone into only doing HIIT training when I'm cutting and a heavy lifting routine otherwise. I can offer advice on upping cals and 'heavy' lifting.
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I love to run and I love to lift. Keep at it. You'll find like minded people who understand the benefits of lifting.

Keep at it... Best of luck.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want-- I'm 26, was originally looking to lose about 10-15 pounds & am almost at goal. I walk a lot & do Pilates with a strength training component, & am currently set at 1200 calories (although I often go over!!)
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Girls that lift are awesome, don't let people discourage you
  • jrobley
    Options
    New studies have come out saying how important it is for women to lift. Lifting has shown to increase your metabolism and help lower chances of getting diabetes, heart disease and ostioperosis.

I have been lifting for almost a year and love the defenition in my arms and shoulders.

This is my favorite workout, can be done with handweights at home.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/sexy-shoulders-ali-rosens-shoulder-workout.html
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Fellow Canadian lifter here :smile:
  • jorusc
    jorusc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Check out www.reddit.com/r/fitness and www.reddit.com/r/xxfitness.

There are tons of weight-lifting girls, and the guys on those boards are overjoyed to see women who get into it. Tons of great advice and motivation around those communities.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Ottawa lady lifter here, but with more pounds to shed.
  • karlsantiago
    karlsantiago Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i work out with girls that can lift heavier than i do and they look fine lol dont let people make your decisions for you, its your body and only you can tell it how it should look
  • xstea11
    Options
    Hi! I just reached my maintenance and am slowly switching to lifting more from cardio and Jilian Michaels :) I have to say if feels weird to switch from low cal lots of running to eat more and lift, but hopefully we will manage. Good luck!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Lady lifter checking in ;) Would love more lifting friends!