One For The Girls ...

Options
So, it's that time of the month again and I'm basically crippled with stomach cramps. I find it really hard to exercise during my period and even harder to stay away from the sweety drawer. Does anyone have any good gentle exercises I can try out or any good YouTube videos? What do you do to ease the pain and stop comfort eating?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    go for a walk.

I find the more I move the less it hurts. If I'm actively working out- my TOM is extremely short- the less I regularly work out- the longer it is.

I have no help for the food- I'm good at work but as soon as I get home it's game over- hence I work out more to compensate for it. :D
  • CookieDoughYummy
    Options
    I think that's the best I can do at the minute :P I usually workout that little bit extra to have a chocolate bar or two as well, I have no control whatsoever right now lol. And is that you in your profile pic? Wow.
  • geeberfever
    geeberfever Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY hear you, girl!!! I am in the same boat at the moment! ;) I agree that you need to keep moving a bit because it DOES help. I recommend first getting your cramps under control....pop a couple advil, hold a hot water bottle to your abdomen....once you are feeling better, do some ab exercises! It seems counterintuitive, but it really works. I make sure to take breaks in between exercises to lay on my back and stretch my arms and legs as far as I can....visualize your cramped muscles being stretched out and relaxed!!! Also- if you find any good videos just for this TOM, be sure to share!!!
  • cdanie13
    cdanie13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    In Nov that was my first TOM that I actually exercised through those dreaded "heavy days" and I Actually felt so much better. My heaviest day landed on the day I do double Zumba classes and surprisingly it alleviated so much of my usually crampy feelings!