Replies

• ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love my Zip!
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One & the Aria scale & love them both! The fitbit one got me started to know what I need to do, how much I was walking, etc. In the end, I no longer use the one since I know what I am doing now but the Aria scale, I will use forever. I love the wireless part. Step on the scale & it goes straight to myfitnesspal account to let me know how I am doing, etc. Awesome! =)
  • kjmenser
    Options
    Love my Fitbit Flex!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and I'm happy with it. It gives you a little more than the Zip, but I find I don't use those features so I probably would've been happy with the Zip. I decided I didn't want something on my wrist like the Flex because I felt like it would be much more temporary. I wear the One on my bra strap so no one but me knows it's there.

I'm fairly competitive (many late nights spent getting a 'better' score on video games!) so I thought the magical 10K stepps goal would motivate me, but I've found it doesn't really do that for me but it does keep me mindful and that's important for me. If I'm feeling lazy and don't want to go to the gym, I take a look and see where I'm at - if I'm at 8K steps then i can ditch and take the day off, but if I'm only at 5K then I get my butt to the gym.
  • stobartg
    Options
    I bought my Fitbit One last year. I love this thing. It is the first pedometer that I have stuck with. If I forget it at home, it really bugs me until I clip it back on again. The only time I take it off is when I shower in the morning.
  • ramblinritz
    ramblinritz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit zip. It counts steps, distance which is all I want. It also counts calories burned which I don't use because of using My Fitness Pal instead.
  • aproctor1120
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One.
    Pros - 1) small & easily concealed 2) records steps and flights of stairs 3) can record an activity separately and then combine for a daily total

Cons - 1) very generous on calories burned (I wake up in the morning with 400+ calories burned) 2) it is .2 miles off for every mile I walk (I tracked it on a measured walking trail) If anyone knows how to correct this problem - I'd appreciate it!

I used credit card points to buy it. I wear it because I try to reach 10,000 steps every day. I don't sync it to MFP.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE my fitbit ONE!!! It is a part of my getting dressed every morning (I clip it to the center of my bra). The app on my cell phone just updated a couple days ago and now it isntantly updates on my app. I have found it to be amazingly accurate. It knows the difference between going up an escalator or elevator or me actually going up stairs. It knows when I am driving vs walking, it knows when I am on a roller coaster!!! (like, seriously!!! I kept track of how many flights of stairs I climbed at six flags, figuring my fitbit would count the elevation on the incline of some rides as stairs...but it was TOTALLY SPOT ON!!!

I do like the badges and the allerts. I totally didn't think that would be an important feature for me because I don't consider myself a competative person. But I do find that I use the bathroom UPSTAIRS at work to get those extra flights in, and if I am close at the end of the day, I will march around my bedroom to make it to the next badge!

And their customer service has been decent. I think it has gone down hill a bit since getting so big. (I started with the original fitbit)

$99 Best Buy or direct from thier site. I have had no desire to upgrade to the Flex because I prefer how invisible it is, and accurate, being on my bra. I haven't done enough research on the latest release to know if that would be a better fit for me. But the ONE has been awesome for me!!!

Enjoy the results of your decision. I think you will be happy reguardless of what you choose!!!
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit flex and enjoy it a great deal. Sure you cant read the number of steps on it, but each light represents 20% of your goal. Just tap it and count the lights that come on, that simple. As far as syncing goes, no problem.
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I ordered the Fitbit flex because I got a great deal on it at a school I work at! I am really excited to use it....the question I have is what are your reasons for syncing it to MFP and also what are your reasons for NOT syncing it to MFP for those that don't! I can't wait to wear it!
  • mjterp
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One.
    Pros - 1) small & easily concealed 2) records steps and flights of stairs 3) can record an activity separately and then combine for a daily total

Cons - 1) very generous on calories burned (I wake up in the morning with 400+ calories burned) 2) it is .2 miles off for every mile I walk (I tracked it on a measured walking trail) If anyone knows how to correct this problem - I'd appreciate it!

I used credit card points to buy it. I wear it because I try to reach 10,000 steps every day. I don't sync it to MFP.

There is a way to adjust the fitbit to YOUR step length. There is a fitbit community group on MFP that has people that know how to make those changes. You can also adjust your calories burned to be predicted or actual...sometimes if you did a great workout the day before, that burn keeps going and I believe it is calculated in the fitbit. I don't know the source, but I know I have read about people doing both the fitbit and heartrate monitor and both coming out fairly close at the end of the day. Serously, hit the fitbit forum for the details on how to resolve the problems you are having! It can be done. I don't know how, but I know the people in that forum do!!!
  • mjterp
    Options
    I ordered the Fitbit flex because I got a great deal on it at a school I work at! I am really excited to use it....the question I have is what are your reasons for syncing it to MFP and also what are your reasons for NOT syncing it to MFP for those that don't! I can't wait to wear it!

I sync because I like that it is easier to log food and water in MFP and all of that info transfers to Fitbit site. (Used less than MFP, but I like the info to be there.) I like the exercise credit for the walking that I do, but I do NOT have the "predictive" thing turned on. (a feature that is great for some...not so great for me!)
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE! All of your responses have helped in making my decision a little less stressful. I've decided on the FORCE in slate. Now I have to wait for the "2 - 4 weeks" It' my Christmas and Birthday gift to ME! Thanks again everyone :bigsmile:
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    i have a fitbit flex you can buy. Paid $99 for it will take $75.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I really, really liked my One, but upgraded to the Force and LOVE IT!!!! Having the info at my fingertips is great, and I set multiple alarms throughout the day to remind myself to move. You can set alarms on the One as well, but since I wore it on my bra it was awkward if it went off during a meeting! Plus, I never forget to put it on.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thank you EVERYONE! All of your responses have helped in making my decision a little less stressful. I've decided on the FORCE in slate. Now I have to wait for the "2 - 4 weeks" It' my Christmas and Birthday gift to ME! Thanks again everyone :bigsmile:

I gave you all of the reasons I love my Force, before I read that you decided on one! Enjoy!!!!
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I had the Ultra, the original one, and replaced it with the One. I love it! I would get the Flex, but I wear the One when I play volleyball and volleyball isn't exactly condusive to having wrist impediments!
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options

I gave you all of the reasons I love my Force, before I read that you decided on one! Enjoy!!!!

How long have you had the FORCE? Is it all you expect it to do?
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have the Force and I love it. It helps keep me motivated to move. I find myself going the long way to get somewherre so I can add more steps :). I have had it a little over 30 days and I could not be more pleased with it. You can set daily goals for steps, stairs etc. As a result I also take the stairs more often. As with many other things in life, it is not the be all end all....but it is a tool that can help you along your journey. Good Luck!!
  • aproctor1120
    Options
    Thanks mjterp! I will check it out!