no soda from here on out unless at a holiday gettogether

I quit smoking 4 years ago. I can quit soda too! I also just got a brita water bottle so no more of that crappy water! (Which was one of the reasons I have not stoped drinking soda. I hate tap water! ). I can an WILL do this

Replies

• Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Seltzer water helps too.
  • gypsyrose85
    gypsyrose85 Posts: 206 Member
    Seltzer water helps too.

I tried seltzer water. To bitter but thank you for the idea.
  • try adding lemon, lime, cucumber, watermelon slices for variety. Delish and refreshing. I haven't had soda in dozens of years. I also purchased a Soda Stream fizzy water maker. LOVE it and drink 2 liters a day. Had to get more bottles cause hubby now downs as much as I do AND they have natural flavor syrups that make all kinds of fun flavors. Soooo worth the money and no plastic water bottles to throw out (idiots in MA don't recycle PLAIN water bottles - but they do recycle pop bottles - go figure?)
  • gypsyrose85
    try adding lemon, lime, cucumber, watermelon slices for variety. Delish and refreshing. I haven't had soda in dozens of years. I also purchased a Soda Stream fizzy water maker. LOVE it and drink 2 liters a day. Had to get more bottles cause hubby now downs as much as I do AND they have natural flavor syrups that make all kinds of fun flavors. Soooo worth the money and no plastic water bottles to throw out (idiots in MA don't recycle PLAIN water bottles - but they do recycle pop bottles - go figure?)

I am from ma to. I have tried the fruit juices did not like it lol. Does the sodastream make the water have that very bitter taste seltzer does?
  • krisp1108
    krisp1108 Posts: 13 Member
    Try plain club soda with some lime. It's just water with bubbles.
    I can't drink plain water. I hate it. Abhor it. I have a water filter at home and I use the Crystal Light or Dasani flavor drops. It's the only way I can drink it and I get a minimum of 6 cups a day in.
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    im doing no soda too.im on day 5 of no soda.i have been drinking water, teas and powerade/gatorade..its hard but we can do it.it will give u headaches and make u tired at first.but it will make us feel better and healthier in the long run.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    If you're like me, within a few months you won't be able to stomach soda at all after a while. I haven't had a soda in years because the last time I did it tasted like industrial chemicals and made my chest hurt.
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    try adding lemon, lime, cucumber, watermelon slices for variety. Delish and refreshing. I haven't had soda in dozens of years. I also purchased a Soda Stream fizzy water maker. LOVE it and drink 2 liters a day. Had to get more bottles cause hubby now downs as much as I do AND they have natural flavor syrups that make all kinds of fun flavors. Soooo worth the money and no plastic water bottles to throw out (idiots in MA don't recycle PLAIN water bottles - but they do recycle pop bottles - go figure?)

I am from ma to. I have tried the fruit juices did not like it lol. Does the sodastream make the water have that very bitter taste seltzer does?

yes, the sodastream make sit taste like seltzer
  • gypsyrose85
    im doing no soda too.im on day 5 of no soda.i have been drinking water, teas and powerade/gatorade..its hard but we can do it.it will give u headaches and make u tired at first.but it will make us feel better and healthier in the long run.

I am used to migranes. (I have brain tumors caused from a genetic Iillness). That is going to be the hard part. Coke (I hate coffee and tea) is the only thing I enjoy that I get caffeine from. About three times a week I am laying all day on the couch throwing up because I hurt so bad. Thus far I have found no meds that help. I have been to the er and they injected me with 5 meds before the migranes would go away.