straight answer--sodium pickled ginger

Options
so, i know soy sauce is loaded with sodium. I am sooooooo careful to limit it. But the reference I have using on MFP for pickled ginger said 0 sodium...so I have loaded up on that. (Today I ate about 7 tablespoons). I am stupid for believing pickled ginger has 0 sodium (duh...it's pickled). but can someone give me a good sodium number of a tablespoon of red/pink pickled sushi ginger you would get at a sushi restaurant?

Replies

• mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    i pickle my own and do not use any sugar. I also don't die it with red food coloring, although I know some organic sushi restaurants who die it with beet juice.

from google it appears that a typical gram of commercial ginger has 240mg of sodium
  • rosemary98
    Options
    i pickle my own and do not use any sugar. I also don't die it with red food coloring, although I know some organic sushi restaurants who die it with beet juice.

from google it appears that a typical gram of commercial ginger has 240mg of sodium

but there are like 15 grams in a tablespoon....that would mean I ate....can't even do the math.
  • rosemary98
    Options
    well, i just can't eat sushi anymore...because i love the condiments too much...soy sauce, wasabi, ginger. that is my favorite part. all sodium loaded. maybe i will try to find a low sodium ginger and bring it with me to work.