Any future BRIDES that need motivation?

Options
I want to lose some weight and be in better shape before my bridal showers, wedding, honeymoon but for some reason am lacking motivation! Any other brides out there want to join forces and keep each other on track?

Replies

• thesmichael
    thesmichael Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I definitely am! Original wedding date was July 2016 due to a good friend's wedding in 2015 when we wanted it, but it's looking more and more likely that we will end up with July 2015 after all!

Goal is to get down to 80 (15 kg down... 9 done so far!) based on diet and cardio by Christmas then adjust my deficit down and slowly crawl my way to about 60-65 by March (obviously it might take longer, but strength training and toning along the way so I, at least, look better for my weight!)

Trying to get in shape for my engagement party in February/March then focus on strength and maintaining until the wedding!
  • ChickenmommaMich
    ChickenmommaMich Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bride to be here! I joined this site to help me slim down before my big day; June 21!! I am about halfway to my goal. Feel free to add me. It would be fun to have other "bride-to-be" friends :)
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Wedding date is May 10, 2014 - only 6 months away now! I've only got about 10 more pounds to lose before maintenance, but I'm always up for mutually supportive friends. Especially since Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming up and it can be difficult to stay on the wagon. I'd really like to hit that 10 pound mark before my first dress fitting, too.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Just got engaged and planning a Valentine's Day 2015 wedding. We can all use support with all the craziness of planning. :drinker:
  • lillivewire87
    lillivewire87 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Me too! July 20, 2013. I have about 30 pounds more to go! Let's do this ladies! Feel free to add me...I can always use the motivation and enjoy trying to help others too!

I already have my dressing sitting in my closet but my fittings don't start until May.....ahhhhhhhh! My hope is that I will at least be close to my goal weight by then. I started at 204 and I am down to 179 right now...my dream is to be at 150, but if I could even get down to 160 I would be a happy camper!
  • irishiwerethin
    irishiwerethin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Please add me future brides. I would love a tightknit support group to update eachother on progress. I'm currently in the 190's and hoping to be in the 150's by my July 19, 2014 wedding!

• kheck88
    kheck88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Future bride: June 2014. Just recently started back to a daily diet and exercise. Looking to lose 50 lbs over all, but will settle for 20-25 by the wedding day.

How are you all approaching your weight loss? What has helped you remain motivated?
  • bbaumgardner72
    bbaumgardner72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well! I'm getting married Feb 22, 2014 and need lots of motivation! I'm working out most days, but of course with work, planning and other responsibilities it gets tough! Thanks all!
  • LENNDJAM
    Options
    Count me in. I need to lose 40 by my July 11, 2014 wedding date. I am wearing a mermaid dress and I want my dress to look amazing on my curves! :)