healthy ways to use Crescent Rolls?

Options
The store had a sale on these babies the other day,so I picked up afew of them..I am planned to make the apple pie bakes with one..and have been researching different ways to use them..but Im finding alot of not so good for ya recipes..my question is..anyone have a good way to encorporate these into a meal (outside of having them as a side)??

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know exactly what you mean by "healthy" or "good for ya." Anything is healthy and good for you if it fits in your calories and macros.

But my mom used to line the cups of a muffin tin with the unbaked dough and fill them with different things, like meat, cheese, veggies, beans, etc., almost like pot pies.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    cresecent rolls are crack to me. While home for Thanksgiving we had some and I successfully stuck to just one. 100 calories a piece my butt...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    My husband puts Hershey chocolate squares inside them, and brushes the top with butter and sugar. Not sure if that qualifies as your definition of "healthy" but it's a pretty nice little after-dinner dessert if you ask me. :-D
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I buy the Ball Park smoked white turkey franks and make pigs in a blanket with them. If you've never had those hot dogs, they taste just like turkey deli meat. Pair with some veggies and there is a meal!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Veggie Pizza .....you could use Green Mountain Greek Yogurt cream cheese ...the recipe below uses Ranch dressing & cream cheese mixed.

Or "Healthified" Cinnamon Rolls

http://www.livebetteramerica.com/search?term=crescent rolls
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    - Fill them with broccoli and reduced fat cheese then roll up and bake
    - Fill with other veggies and chicken or ground lean meat
    - Pizza crust
    - I use them as the top crust of my healthier chicken pot pie
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    thank you everyone! some good ideas.

By healthy Im talking not a greasy taco braid or something..I see alot of recipes like that..ICK!

I really like the turkey frank idea..we are under a winter storm warning..so I imagine my weekend will entail alot of baking experiements!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    use them as projectiles?

ups the calorie deficit by inducing more running!!!

win win
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I made pizza rolls with them.

Teaspoon of tomato paste on each
    Sprinkle some fat free mozz cheese
    Couple slices of Turkey pepperoni on each

Roll each one up, sprinkle some oregano, garlic powder and italian seasoning on it and bake for 15 minutes.
  • mapenguinkeeper
    Options
    i buy all beef organic hot dogs and make pigs in a blanket. have also done w/chicken - apple sausage.

or chili (homemade or good low sodium canned), sprinkle of cheese and onion - hot pocket!!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken bites! ---- YUM.

Canned white chicken (or shredded breasts) mixed with Greek yogurt, Frank's hot sauce and bleu cheese crumbles. Roll up in crescents and bake with some olive oil spray and garlic powder on top.
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Use it to wrap a round of brie topped with your favorite jam and bake it. Serve with fruit and crackers. This is high in calories though, but it is a good appetizer. You can just have a small amount of it!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Search for Big Mac Casserole here on MFP

Number of servings 8

Ingredients
    Boca - Meatless Ground Crumbles March 2012, 1.5 container
    Onions - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Claussen - Kosher Dill Pickle Spears, 5 spear
    Borden - 2% American Cheese Slice, 9 slice
    Pillsbury - Crescent Reduced Fat Dinner Rolls, 1 container (8 rolls ea.)
    Lettuce - Iceberg (includes crisphead types), raw, 1 head, medium (6" dia)
    Kraft - Free Thousand Island Fat Free Salad Dressing , 8 Tbsp

Per Serving:
    257cal
    31 carb
    8 fat
    22 protein
    1210 soduim (mostly the pickles)
    8 sugars
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I like to heat some up and brush a mix butter and honey on them.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Aren't crescent rolls unhealthy to begin with? Loaded with hydrogenated oils - trans fat. How would you make something like that healthy? I don't get it.
  • melindacampbell66
    Options
    Wrap them around a low calorie Hot Dog and Bake. Quick and Easy!
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    The Pillsbury website has lots of recipes for the Crescent Roll family of products.

Gave up trying to find a nutrition label on the website. Was interested in sugar content (glycemic index/diabetes), as I believe this is one of the reasons they are not considered healthy (i.e. processed: remove fiber, add sugar/salt, etc.).
  • TXRanchGirl
    Options
    Well, I was outvoted at the house this weekend..made them "regular" to serve with the low cal Zuppa Toscana soup I made..I have alot of leftovers..(rolls) which NEVER get eaten (cause who wants leftover crescent rolls) so am going to cut them up and use them in my turkey meatloaf later this week! No wasting food here!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Use it to wrap a round of brie topped with your favorite jam and bake it. Serve with fruit and crackers. This is high in calories though, but it is a good appetizer. You can just have a small amount of it!

solid choice. Baked brie rocks
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    - Fill them with broccoli and reduced fat cheese then roll up and bake
    - Fill with other veggies and chicken or ground lean meat
    - Pizza crust
    - I use them as the top crust of my healthier chicken pot pie

Would you share that pot pie recipe?