Elliptical

Options
It kicked my tail today. I was going about 5-6 times a week and was just about ready to up my time on it to 45 minutes before leaving for a long, long trip. We did so much walking on our trip that I thought jumping back on the elliptical would be a cake walk....WRONG! I did the same work out I did before we left and I had to reduce the resistance more than once. That's okay, getting back into the routine is worth it.

I prefer the elliptical over walking or the treadmill or even jogging, burning over 2 times the calories in half the time plus the fact that my knees, hips, and back don't hurt the next day! Can't beat it! :-)

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    It never hurts to cross train though. I use the elliptical all the time, then one time did a slow walk on the treadmill at full incline. I had a whole new set of sore muscles.
  • k_eye
    k_eye Posts: 18
    Options
    Yeah - it's easier on the joints, but if running and biking are to hard for you try swimming.
    Like mentioned earlier one must cross train - if not you will only be working the same muscles.
    Do you change your direction on the eliptical? forward vs backwards? that does a change as well.

kitty
  • AutismMom
    AutismMom Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I agree! I love the Eliptical, it has been a HUGE part of my weightloss. I have to also agree with everyone else, start cross training, trying new machines as well, working different parts. I also frequently use the Arc Trainer, it has been just as successful as well!!
    Good Luck with the rest of your journey! You are doing great!
  • Anna1
    Anna1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is the Elliptical like a glider? i really need to check one out. i have issues with arthritis so it might be good for me as well. I can't picture which machine you are talking about. lol shame on me..:laugh:
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I love my ellipical as well. I use it when I don't do the 30DS, or in the evening if I need to get a second work out in.
  • Anna1
    Options
    I was watching Dr. Tv. the topic was based on 'shaking' eguipment and how helpful it was at tightning the body.
  • Anna1
    Options
    Would anyone mind telling me how I can get my scale in my posts?
  • MrsBubba
    MrsBubba Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are right. I'll be adding in some walk/jogging and eventually some step aerobics with weights (I have a friend who teaches a class). I'll get there. :-)