obsessed with the scale.

TiffanyDollface
TiffanyDollface Posts: 22
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
When I was pregnant I got rid of my scale. Knowing how fat I was at the doctors was good enough for me! We just bought a scale about a week ago and I'm totally obsessed with it.

I get on atleast 10 times a day. Before I eat, after I eat. Before I pee, after I pee. With clothes, without clothes. I feel obsessive. I'm not happy or disapointed ever I just feel like I'd go through withdraw if I didn't get on it atleast twice a day!

I only log my weight loss on wednesdays. But I weight myself 10000x in the time inbetween. Does anyone else have this problem!? :grumble:

Replies

• When I was pregnant I got rid of my scale. Knowing how fat I was at the doctors was good enough for me! We just bought a scale about a week ago and I'm totally obsessed with it.

I get on atleast 10 times a day. Before I eat, after I eat. Before I pee, after I pee. With clothes, without clothes. I feel obsessive. I'm not happy or disapointed ever I just feel like I'd go through withdraw if I didn't get on it atleast twice a day!

I only log my weight loss on wednesdays. But I weight myself 10000x in the time inbetween. Does anyone else have this problem!? :grumble:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Your actions are no different than what many others go through eventually, as you start to lose the weight, you'll probably reduce the weigh in routine to three times a day (when you wake up, mid-day and before you go to bed).

I wouldn't let this obsession worry you too much just hang in there and live it one day at a time.

Good Luck.
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    I still do that sometimes...I get a kick out of watching the weight fluctuate. ( simple things lol). I would guess that if you're truly not worrying about the weightloss and weightgain throughout the day..its okay. The scale is new so it's a novelty to you right now. As long as you don't start weighing yourself and obsessing about the normal weight gain that happens during the day..in my opion it's okay...but then again I'm guilty of it too! :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I'm getting to that point, and I don't like it!! :frown:
This discussion has been closed.