5 very ripe bananas - what to make?

Options

Replies

• angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I either make banana bread, smoothies and or freeze them for said items. You don't have to add ice if you have them already frozen for the smoothies.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Depending on how far gone these bananas are...

sorta too-ripe but still yummy:

banana crepes with Nutella or banana split

VERY overripe, getting a slight bit mushy:

banana pancakes or banana smoothie

TRULY on the edge of garbage, mushy with some brown spots:

zucchini banana lowfat brownies (recipe from Pinterest) or banana bread
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    slice them and then freeze them.. then put them in the blender and you get banana icecream, google it, its well good
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Banana Ice Cream

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-w-93414

You just slice them up and freeze them, the you throw the frozen stuff into a food processor and run it till it takes on the consistency of ice cream. I did this for my kids and they had no idea it wasn't real ice cream.
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Banana pancakes.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,720 Member
    Options
    Banana Ice Cream

You just slice them up and freeze them, the you throw the frozen stuff into a food processor and run it till it takes on the consistency of ice cream. I did this for my kids and they had no idea it wasn't real ice cream.

This is what I do. I throw in a handful of frozen berries, which improves the colour.
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    freeze them......lasts about 2 months...then you can get them out whenever and make some cool stuff
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    banana pancakes--- mash them up with some eggs, add vanilla extract, nutmeg, flour (if you want) OR protein powder, maybe some peanut butter, & then pour in batches into the frying pan :smile:
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Smoothie, banana bread, banana muffins. I'm sure you can use banana's for some sort of face mask or something? Google that.
  • youmeanthestars
    Options
    BANANA ICE CREAM!!! slice them and freeze.The blend them up till silky and smooth add a little milk if you feel like it, but the riper the banana the sweeter the ice cream found it out the hard way. The fresh yellow ones leave a bitter taste but a ripe banana is the best way to go! P.S you shouldn't need milk just blend until smooth but if you blender isn't at the top of it's game add just a DASH not a lot. good luck I'm off to make me some lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Banana Ice Cream

This is what I do. I throw in a handful of frozen berries, which improves the colour.

ooh yeah really good stuff. We add chocolate syrup (just a bit) or TBSP of peanut butter to it. Also tasty!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Peel and freeze them and make a smoothie tomorrow the next day, the next day, the next day, and the next.

1 frozen banana
    Milk
    Suger

Blender...GO!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    give them to my mom so she can make her scrumptious banana bread!
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    throw them away and get a rib eye steak.
  • lindsloses40
    Options
    I always make banana nut muffins when I find myself with a couple over ripe bananas. You can find some recipes online for some that are on the healthier side too :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The correct answer is banana bread.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    The correct answer is banana bread.

really at this time of year. I must concur.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    banana milkshake.

milk + vanilla ice cream + mashed up bananas
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    banana milkshake.

milk + vanilla ice cream + mashed up bananas

that's faster than my shake but more "bad". :blushing:
  • numejak
    numejak Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Banana Banana Bread! I used to deliberately save my ripe bananas just for that!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/banana-banana-bread/detail.aspx

254186.jpg

Agree! also you can freeze over-ripened bananas and when you get enough, thaw them out and make banana bread with them at your convenience!