NOT GOOD FOR ME?

Options
okay ive been eating like 800 to 1200 calories maybe a little more maybe a little less my alloted amount is 1600 to lose 2 pounds a day and i am doing insanity but im never hungry anymore ive been snacking all day on grapes and celery and so i just eat my meals and my snack my water and tea yesterday i only ate like 762 and i was stuffed is it unhealthy if im getting the right amount of protien and im eating enough food cuz im stuffed is this bad?

Replies

• areay22
    areay22 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You are in starvation mode! That is way too less calories for the Insanity workout. You need to recalculate and follow the nutrition guide provided. You need the fuel to get through the workouts.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    762 is way to low, especially if you are doing Insanity. It is bad for you. That can't be what MFP is telling you to eat, plus MFP also expects you to eat your exercise calories. If you are "stuffed" with what you are eating, trying adding more calorie dense but not necessarily filling foods to your diet, like peanut butter, olive oil, nuts. etc.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Do you feel tired/exhausted/drowsy? An easy way to get some cals in so you can FEEL better is by adding some olive oil to your veggies, or maybe instead of snacking on fruits, you can snack on whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter. Complex carb plus healthy fat plus protein equals great combo!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Your body is getting used to you not feeding it enough; that's why you are feeling so full. And that means your metabolism is very slow! The correct way to lose weight is to increase your metabolism!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Definitely not enough.
  • tater8589
    Options
    If your really just aren't hungry you may try to get some more calories from other places like protien shakes or grain bars. I love celery too, but your body needs more than it has to offer, try other snacks like carrots and broccolli and dip it in something. The occasional day for that few cals isn't to bad, but a regular basis is, if you continue that way you could tear down your immune system. You might also try to snack on some things like peanuts. Good luck. :)
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    well that was just yesterday that i ate that low but im feeling like i have tons of energy
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    That will only last so long. Hike up the cals asap or you will start to feel like *ss soon.
  • maharet111
    maharet111 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you continue to eat that low amount in calories, your body will enter starvation mode and will burn muscle not fat. That is science. Eat whether you are hungry or not. Just eat healthy.
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    With a deficit like that your body will start to raid your muscle for energy. Losing fat is great, but losing muscle is counter productive.
  • mccorml
    Options
    im eating all the time tho..
  • lilbugsd
    lilbugsd Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Yeah, but if you're eating grapes and celery you're "eating" mostly water.

Why do you need to lose two pounds a day? Do you have an event coming up that you want to look slim for? No one loses two pounds a day and keeps it off permanently long-term...
  • mccorml
    Options
    i meant a week blah not a day idc anymore.. its whatever
  • maharet111
    maharet111 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

You still need a balanced diet of proteins, carbs, fruits, vegetables and yes even fats.
  • mccorml
    Options
    ive been eating protien like peanut butter sandwhichs whole wheat celery peanut butter and chicken for dinner seriously all you are saying the same thing so idc anymore STOP POSTING