$$ is on the line! (oh, and my health and joints)...but $$$$

Options
HI all!

I want some friends! :)

My friend Karen has been telling me about how great this site is for months and it must be true b/c she has lost over 20 pounds already. I am impressed with how easy the site is to use so far.

However the final straw is that I put $100 on losing 20 pounds in 10 weeks at www.loseitorloseit.com and also have a bet with my roommate over who will lose more in those 10 weeks. So for the first time in years, I'm actually tracking what I eat and plan to be vigilant about it. I am one of those people who will log breakfast and lunch and then oh, kinda of forget about logging the 1500 calories I ate after 4pm :)
And now I"m seeing how fast a day's worth of calories go and it sort of explains my hovering at the same weight (+ or - 10 lbs) for the past 6 years, despite a pretty rigorous training schedule.

Anyway, I don't want to lose money or my bragging rights and so here I am! I will need help because I LOVE me some sugar and some vino.

This year I trained and raced an Ironman triathlon on July 31, 2010, and lost 20 pounds in the process, but since then gained about 7 pounds back. I pretty much refused to move after I was done with the 16 hour race (read about it at www.theathenaproject.wordpress.com), which continued for 3 months. I'm doing a boot camp 3x/week now in the offseason, but hope to be lighter and sleeker by 2011.

Now it's time to actually get my diet under control because it's lame to have been so active and not see drastic results!
Also, my little boyfriend weighs 150 soaking wet and it annoys me.

Anyway, looking forward to chatting with all of you and see a smaller *kitten* in the mirror and a smaller # on the scale.

Cheers!
Jessica

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    good luck on your lose but it will take dedication.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Hey Jessica, welcome! I'm totally where you are. It's all about the food. I have always worked out pretty strenuously and it wasn't until I started really tracking what I ate that I started to lose weight. I am totally a convert to this site and new lifestlye! The first couple of weeks are a little bit of a pain as you get a database of YOUR food but then it becomes oh, so easy. I'm truly not restricting many things I eat, I'm just really watching portions and I've greatly improved the quality of the calories I consume. Some things are truly NOT calorie worthy! Since 8/22, I have lost 15 lbs. and plan to lose 9 more so I think you can do your 20 lbs. in 10 weeks. Just be really dedicated to logging everything you eat. Good luck!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Yay Jess for being here. I LOVE this site.

Gotta tell you one of the things that's helped me is I plan plan plan. I do my meal entries on my diary for the entire week and it helps me stay on track. When I exercise and enter those calories in I know I can have a treat (which is usually in the form of a Skinny Cow Ice Cream something or other) or a beer on the weekend if there happens to be an Oktoberfest. Otherwise, in order to stay on track try to enter as much of the food as you can ahead of time.

This site already builds a deficit in so you have to eat some / most of your exercise calories or you may not see the results you are looking for.

I put out an "all points bulletin" for friends requests for you. I have a great bunch of people on my list all super supportive and most have their food diaries open (it really helps if you are stalled to open your diary by going to settings so others can maybe see what you are doing to cause the stall).

Any questions on this site .. please feel free to ask :)
  • ShellyRath
    Options
    So glad you are here Jess. It is really so important to log the food. It is amazing how much the little stuff adds up. Also being able to see the sodium, cards, protein, etc really helps you make better choices. At first it can be tedious but just commit to do it and it will become addicting. Make you food diary public, that seem to helps!

YEA!!!