what food

Options
I have been keeping around about my calories for the day but I do tend to eat a lot of white bread and meat,should I be looking to cut back on these and replace with an alternative.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have been keeping around about my calories for the day but I do tend to eat a lot of white bread and meat,should I be looking to cut back on these and replace with an alternative.

It depends. What else do you eat? Is your goal weight loss only, icreased fitness level, nutritionally balanced diet, all of those? More?
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

If you enjoy those things, have no health conditions that dictate what you can/can't eat, and you're meeting your calorie goal... then no, no reason to replace them.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Whole Grain bread just offers a lot more nutritionally! That is the only change I'd really make.
  • KiaraStill
    Options
    as long as it does not add weight or health problem, I guess it does not matter

http://nutritionforchildrens.com
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Nix the bread, keep the meat.

Good luck
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Nix the bread, keep the meat.

Good luck

I agree. Replace the breads and simple sugars with complex carbohydrates... Whole grain breads, flours, etc. Use almond flour or oat flour in baking to help as well! These kinds of carbohydrates keep you fuller longer, do not spike your blood sugar (which will result in LESS cravings for bread-type foods, and avoid "hunger spikes")

Meat is amazing for your body, although many argue otherwise. Protein, protein, protein! Additionally, there are nutrients in meat you cannot get anywhere else.