Need friends to keep me motivated!

Options
Hey, all.

I've been really lazy lately - not doing exercise, not eating right etc - and have decided to take up MFP again after 6 months of being lazy and not using it. Over the past couple of years I've gained a bit of weight, and unfortunately haven't done anything about it until now.

Current weight: 65 kg
Goal weight (which is what I used to weigh): 50 kg

Currently I'm on day 2 of the 30 day squat challenge and let me tell you - my thighs are DEFINITELY feeling the burn! But it's good! - and have been drinking a lot of water and walking for 30 mins 4 times a week as well as lifting weights every night.

Look at me rambling on. Do add me as a friend if you are an active user and a good motivator ;D

Replies

• KetoPaddy
    KetoPaddy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Happy to help keep you motivated! Though I have a feeling I'll need way more help than you! :happy:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1147976-need-some-compatriots
  • Thanks, PJ :D

Haha. It's okay, we're in this together!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell you that motivation is an internal thing. You either are motivated to succeed on your goal or you're not. You can hear all the "inspirational" speeches, all the why's of why you should do this, all the benefits that come with it, BUT until you COMMIT to it, it ain't gonna happen.
    So it's YOU that needs to DECIDE if you're motivated or not. A motivated person doesn't let obstacles or excuses stop them till they reach whatever reasonable goal they set for themselves.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell you that motivation is an internal thing. You either are motivated to succeed on your goal or you're not. You can hear all the "inspirational" speeches, all the why's of why you should do this, all the benefits that come with it, BUT until you COMMIT to it, it ain't gonna happen.
    So it's YOU that needs to DECIDE if you're motivated or not. A motivated person doesn't let obstacles or excuses stop them till they reach whatever reasonable goal they set for themselves.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^this :)
  • Hate to tell you that motivation is an internal thing. You either are motivated to succeed on your goal or you're not. You can hear all the "inspirational" speeches, all the why's of why you should do this, all the benefits that come with it, BUT until you COMMIT to it, it ain't gonna happen.

IDEA Fitness member

Oh, I realise that. For me personally, it would just be easier to have someone in this with me, you know what I mean? That way I won't stop because not only will I let myself down, but them as well.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Oh, I realise that. For me personally, it would just be easier to have someone in this with me, you know what I mean? That way I won't stop because not only will I let myself down, but them as well.
    If you're motivated, you don't stop. That should be your position regardless if anyone joins you or not. And that's something you have to decide on your own.

IDEA Fitness member
  • D8vidFitness
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

If you're motivated, you don't stop. That should be your position regardless if anyone joins you or not. And that's something you have to decide on your own.

IDEA Fitness member

Motivate, encourage, support, all fall under the same category. It's good to have mfp friends that can do that regardless of personal drive or what not. Stop stating the obvious. You make it sound as if she has "zero will" to workout at all, which isn't true.
  • abou3906
    Options
    There are many reasons that we're more likely to lose -- and most importantly maintain -- if we surround ourselves with like-minded people: the "weight-loss halo" effect is PROVEN (look for Dr. John Morton's study in the Archives of Surgery for more information). Motivation is one of those reasons. Seeing others lose, being able to commiserate, being able to prop each other up...these all good reasons to build our own weight-loss and/or health-centered communities, whether online or in real life.

Anyway, happy to be your friend, OP. :)
  • CarolDupas
    Options
    Right on outoftheordinairy, way to squat! I am a new user and am really liking tracking my foods and exercise it's really eye opening. I am doing one hour - 2 hour workout and 2 tae kwon do classes per week. I like having someone to chat with about things so feel free to message me all you want. And 15 kg's isn't very much if you think about it, just watch the carbs!!
  • Right on outoftheordinairy, way to squat! I am a new user and am really liking tracking my foods and exercise it's really eye opening. I am doing one hour - 2 hour workout and 2 tae kwon do classes per week. I like having someone to chat with about things so feel free to message me all you want. And 15 kg's isn't very much if you think about it, just watch the carbs!!

It is eye opening, isn't it. It makes you really aware of what you're putting into your body. Well I'm short, lol, so it looks obvious. My lack of exercise and unfortunate love of carbs attributed to my weight gain. *shakes fist*

I'll be sure to message you :)
  • napompl
    napompl Posts: 736
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I know it's been helping to see everything I do or don't do and own up to it. We are all here to help each other right?
  • deago99
    deago99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm just joining this (again) would love to succeed this time, need to keep motivated .
  • lizak953
    lizak953 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :)
  • fatladygoingslim
    Options
    Add me I need to lose at least 10lb as my fist milestone.
  • leane00
    leane00 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'll try help as much as I can. I'm in a similar situation although never as light as you were! Seeing you get back to it will encourage me to keep on track as well
  • aclos3
    aclos3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Added you. I just started, but am committed to active posting of work outs and food and have plenty of motivation and advice to share. I am looking for other friends with similar weight loss goals too (mine are to lose about 2 lbs a week and get from 206lbs to 180lbs.