Foot injury, 30DS, can't do jumping jacks anymore

Options
Hello,

I've been doing the 30DS for some time now, but recently I have injured my foot doing jumping jacks without shoes (i don't have fitness shoes yet)...
Now I cannot do jumping jacks or any kind of jumping exercise until my foot heals...
But I really want to keep doing the dvd, I really like it and I really like the results, too.

Any idea what I could do during the cardio circuits? I've tried going on the elliptical full intensity instead but it doesn't make me nearly as tired as jumping rope/jumping jacks; and then when I was done with the DVD I didn't feel like dying, so I didn't feel like the workout had been as effective as it could have been...

Waiting for your suggestions... Thank you :)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell/dumbell swings with speed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    swimming
  • CopperB73
    CopperB73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I guess you could use an everyday object of the right weight if you don't have a kettlebell? Or at least to begin with to find out whether this works before spending on equipment?

Here's someone doing dumbell rows with one of those big plastic containers milk comes in:
    http://youtu.be/qvhHhDNjtxM
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I've been doing the 30DS for some time now, but recently I have injured my foot doing jumping jacks without shoes (i don't have fitness shoes yet)...
    Now I cannot do jumping jacks or any kind of jumping exercise until my foot heals...
    But I really want to keep doing the dvd, I really like it and I really like the results, too.

Any idea what I could do during the cardio circuits? I've tried going on the elliptical full intensity instead but it doesn't make me nearly as tired as jumping rope/jumping jacks; and then when I was done with the DVD I didn't feel like dying, so I didn't feel like the workout had been as effective as it could have been...

Waiting for your suggestions... Thank you :)

(quote)

Could you jog in place? I broke my toe back in September and know how you feel. Also doing 30DS and didn't have free weights. So used kettlebells--which works but is awkward! What kind of injury to your foot? How long ago?
  • Rosannajo88
    Rosannajo88 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The punches that Gillian does in 30DS level 1, just squat down lower and punch with all your might, thats what I did when i injured my ankle xx
  • SkinnyMarni3
    SkinnyMarni3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Sounds like a good idea! I only have 2 dumbells of 3kg (6.6 lbs) each, is it enough?
  • SkinnyMarni3
    Options
    The punches that Gillian does in 30DS level 1, just squat down lower and punch with all your might, thats what I did when i injured my ankle xx

I do those but not very tiring, even if i punch hard lol!
  • SkinnyMarni3
    Options
    Could you jog in place? I broke my toe back in September and know how you feel. Also doing 30DS and didn't have free weights. So used kettlebells--which works but is awkward! What kind of injury to your foot? How long ago?

Can't jog in place, it hurts too :/
    I think I sprained it, it hurts at the arch of my foot... Haven't seen a doctor, letting it rest and see what happens.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Sounds like a good idea! I only have 2 dumbells of 3kg (6.6 lbs) each, is it enough?
    Hold them together and swing away!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SkinnyMarni3
    Options
    Hold them together and swing away!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Haha I'm scared I will hit myself on the head with them but I will try! Thanks