help

Options
i'm making home made tacos tonight and one know how many calories are in one?

Replies

• judys
    judys Posts: 16
    Options
    i'm making home made tacos tonight and one know how many calories are in one?
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I usually just add it up and then divide according to the size i am having.

Use alot of fat free and low cal stuff

Hope their good:happy:
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    when I make tacos at home I use ground turkey- will get same great taste (b/c of the seasoning) but lots of LESS calories. I also make taco salads.(one shells crushed up with meat and filling) more satisfying in my tummy. use hard shells b/c less calories.
    those are some tricks I use.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    When making tacos at home, it takes me forever to figure up the calorie count. I write it all down as I move along with cooking. XX in the boca crumbles (I don't like ground beef), XX in the taco shell, XX in the cheese.... etc. It takes forever but is worth it for the accurate count.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It depends on your ingredients....

When I make taco's I use...

99% fat free ground turkey
    seasons pack
    fat free or light sour cream
    fat free cheese
    tons of lettuce & tomotoes & onions

That way the only real fat/calories are in the taco shell...
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say, when I make ANY recipe at home from scratch I calculate the calories in the ENTIRE RECIPE then divide it by however many servings are there.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    For my taco salads, I use

ground turkey
    1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
    1/2 cup of whole kernal corn
    1 low sodium taco seasoning pack

I put that mixture top of a green leaf lettuce and 15 crunched baked tortilla scoops... then top it with a little reduced fat mexican blend cheese and fresh salsa... I don't even miss the sour cream.

I think it comes out around 380 calories for one serving. I'm not sure exactly
  • judys
    judys Posts: 16
    Options
    i knew there wouldnt be an easy way to do it.............................lol
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    You just have to count all the individual items and add it up.

This is what I do to make things lighter.

I use the Morning Star Crumbles instead of Ground Beef in tacos and my family hasn't figured it out yet.

I make my own fresh Pico de Gallo combining white onion, tomato, and cilantro. I love this so much that I can leave off the cheese.

I do fat free refried beans and sugar free lime jello as sides.

Dang, now I have a craving.
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    i knew there wouldnt be an easy way to do it.............................lol

but there is!! Go here and enter the ingredients just like you do on MFP and then enter the number of servings and viola! It calcuates it for you!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp