G+ PUPPY RESTRAINTS (LADIES ONLY)

Options
j0705
j0705 Posts: 185
Sorry i have to ask.. i keep seeing advice for sports bras for big boobs, then i read it and they're like a dd or something ??? its really not big and you shouldnt have a problem restraining them with your average sports wear.

However .. ladies that are G or bigger do need extra restraints and yes im one of them and still having problems even though ive tried wearing 2x shock absorber /panache /freya sports bras at once plus a couple of tight sports tops and i still have to hold them down with my hands (which is no good for workouts or doing even running in public :embarassed: , so ladies what measures do you take?

Replies

• RCharlotteRose
    RCharlotteRose Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I used to have this problem (I used to be H) and it near enough stopped me doing exercise.

The only advice I have is to wear a slightly smaller size bra as tight as I could have it - I know a lot of people will disagree with this but it was the only thing I found to stop me getting a black eye whenever I went to the gym! And it isn't like you are wearing it all day long.

I think I was also pretty guilty of running with my arms very close to me to limit the movement further.

Completely understand your pain though - good luck!!!
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    im a 32hh and its making working out virtually impossible im hoping they go down a few cup sizes at least so exercising becomes easier .. i may end up divorced though.. i have been warned haha
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite your size - I usually come in a 30GG or 30H (depends on the brand, etc). I used to use Enell; they were nice, but not quite what I'm looking for. I currently use the Panache Underwire Sports bra (on amazon between $45-$6?? dollars; depends on the size and color). If I'm doing a more intense workout, I'll pair my panache with my enell.

Looked into Shock Absorber, they didn't cut it for me.

Haven't looked into much outside of those brands; I think no matter what you're going to have to double up. Best bet is going out and trying them on. Do a jump test in the dressing room.... or, if you're like me, purchase them online - but always, always make sure they have free shipping & free returns or it will not be worth it, I guarantee. Amazon and Zappos are both pretty good, although zappos doesn't usually carry it in sizes in our range...
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    if he would divorce you for losing weight & possibly a few cups sizes, then you'd be better off without him (do realize you may be joking :bigsmile: )

And I double the "wear a smaller size under the normal one" - I'll warn you, you may not lose cups sizes. Although mine aren't what you consider large (DD's) I've lost 70+ pounds and not ONE DAMN CUP size. Band size, yes .... but I'm still wearing DD's.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I buy mine through www.barenecessities.com, they have a large selection for those of us G+. My favorite is the "shock absorber", which I use for circuit training, cardio and most importantly running ( have run a few half marathons). Great support, no chafing and comfortable, just a challenge to get on :wink: They are pricey but have made a huge difference in being able to do the activities I want.
  • ktcomplicated
    ktcomplicated Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32 G and the Panache sports bras have always worked really well for me.
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    I'm a runner about 38DD and I've tried many sports bras. I find the one that works best for me is lily of France style #2101755 it has this underwire cup thing going on that helps. I still bounce a bit but nothing to stop me from running. Good luck.