Day 2

Options
Today is so far day 2 with out and energry drink, starbucks or even a soda..ive dont this b4 where i did not drink for a week or 2 but this time i reallly need to do it. i usually had 1 of them a day sometimes i would have a soda and a energy drink..any one know of ways to not feel so dead durning the day? Another question...hoiw long will head aches last from not drinking caffen? im one to always have a head ache..ALWAYS

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Don't make big changes all at once, but rather small changes over time. You are more likely to stick with it that way.
  • ilovemitch7
    Options
    So far its eating a little less and cutting out the caffen and sodas.
  • lainey137
    Options
    you're getting the headaches because of the caffeine withdrawal though and I agree with amarillo, if you want to cut it out then you should cut down first otherwise you will get the headaches. I am addicted to caffeine too and when I was pregnant I had to cut it out immediately, the headaches were terrible and so after reading some stuff about it, the recommendation was to cut down to one cup of coffee (or equivalent) a day- and then after a couple of weeks, cut it out altogether.

It's a genuine withdrawal - there's no point in making yourself physically ill over it.
  • CJCagain
    Options
    What about supplementing unsweetened green tea? Plenty of caffeine to manage and antioxidents to boot...
  • ilovemitch7
    Options
    i can go a few days with out it..and some time i dont have a headaces. splurdges they get in the way. ima try and cut back, to 1 a week. some times i dont drink anything for a cpl days and other days i drink to much. or see how it goes with out anything. i been getting these headaches for years, like my bf says your always hurting somewhere lol.
  • ilovemitch7
    Options
    I'll have to try some. green tea taste sooo gross...but i gotta do what i gotta do. thanks!